Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

£5 without Food or £7 with ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need a quick poll and some of your thoughts here.

For ages I've wanted to do a Salsa Dancing Event in London with Food, but finding a suitable venue has been a bit of a pain.

But now I found a nice small bar with a good wooden floor, great for dancing on. However the owner wants to charge £5 for entry and the lesson (to pay for the dance teacher's fees, etc) whilst I would rather charge £7 and have a Buffet as well.

Normally Food at his Bar is pretty pricey as it is. Liek last time we went there a plate of Nacho's covered with Salsa and Cheese was like £4 and Chips on their own is like £2.50p.

But the main reason I want a Buffet is it gives people a chance to relax after 2 hours of Salsa lessons and talk to each other, etc rather then go straight from a Lesson to Latin Disco.

Based on past experience people tend to take ages deciding what to order and even then only a fraction of people ever order anything whilst the rest just nick what's on their plate or don't eat at all cos of the prices. So I figured Buffet works out cheaper overall for everyone compared to ordering individually and everyone eats at the same time, not like whenyou order and everything comes to people at different times.

So what would you rather have Buffet for a bit more or just the basics for less?

£5 without Food or £7 with ? 13 votes

£5 for Salsa Lessons only and The Disco
7% 1 vote
£7 for Salsa Lessons, followed by a Buffet Meal and Then Disco
92% 12 votes