Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Old "dead" threads, do they bother you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does it really bother you when someone resurects an old dead thread?
I see people complain about it all the time, when someone posts on a thread that is weeks, or even months, old, bringing it back up again.
Now, to me, as long as they have something valuable to contribute to what's been said on the thread, then it's no problem.
Surely it's better to bring back an old thread rather than start a new one. I mean, how many times have we seen an anal sex or spit or swallow thread? And when we do everybody complains, and says "why don't you do a search" - so if they do a search, find an old thread, and contribute to that thread, then the same damn people complain about an old thread being brought up again. You just can't win.
So, is it really a problem if an old "dead" thread is resurected again? Or don't you mind them?

Mr_Wobble ;)

Old "dead" threads, do they bother you? 11 votes

Yes. Old threads bother me (probably coz I'm a grumpy bugger who likes to complain).
54% 6 votes
No. Bringing back an old thread is ok.
36% 4 votes
I'm a muppet who didn't understand the question, let alone be able to think for myself and reply as my head is full of fluff.
9% 1 vote