We really want to hear your thoughts on our services to help us improve. For the chance to win a £200 Amazon voucher take our annual survey.

Maytree service

ShaunieShaunie EnglandPosts: 1,673 Postholic
Heya
Maybe not but Just wondering if anyone’s tried Maytree service before? And if you found it helpful? Or heard of it and heard that others found it helpful? Is charity that has a sanctuary for suicidal people and stay for four days or something like that. I’m not sure how would help or if this type of help me but I’m so suicidal all the time

I sent them an email asking them a question. They then told me about what they do and said have to call a few times to talk about a stay & talk with volunteers and I was like -thanks for help but is okay, I hate phone calls - they gave me their number, then sent nother email later said they could ring me if is less stress. Then sent email today saying they’re going to ring me later on this morning but I’m confused cause I don’t think can even see a phone number through an email? Now really stressed & just dunno how would be helpful but they seem nice and like they do want to help but Alwaysss feels like I am a bother to these sort of services when someone else could be using.

Edit- they didn’t have my number So just sent them it
“If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us face, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.” ~ Marvin J Ashton

Comments

• LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,328 Fanatical Poster
    Isnt maytree in London? Or are you from London?
  • ShaunieShaunie EnglandPosts: 1,673 Postholic
    Yeah Maytree is in London. I don’t live in London but I don’t live that far away from it. They help all in uk even if don’t live exactly in London
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us face, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.” ~ Marvin J Ashton
  • AifeAife Posts: 1,101 Moderator
    Hey Shaunie,

I found this review on Sane's website about Maytree from someone that's been there before which you mind find helpful. You can read about it here. Did they end up ringing you in the end?

All the best,

- Aife
    Hey @Aife
    Thank you! That was interesting and hopeful to read...until I read the very negative comment on it. Ahh
    They did ring me in the end & they was lovely & v sympathetic. Said should ring in a few days again but am too anxious. They sent another email aswell but i don’t know
  • Lucy307Lucy307 UKPosts: 286 Rampant Poster
    Hey Shaunie

Just had a look myself and found this article https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/maytree-suicide-sanctuary-london_uk_573b2cace4b01359f687833f which has a lot of photos and also quite a nice insight into the staff there. Looks brilliant to me. Understand you're feeling anxious about it, do you think you could carry on the conversation over email and see how you get on?

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    Lucy307 wrote: »
    Hey Shaunie

Just had a look myself and found this article https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/maytree-suicide-sanctuary-london_uk_573b2cace4b01359f687833f which has a lot of photos and also quite a nice insight into the staff there. Looks brilliant to me. Understand you're feeling anxious about it, do you think you could carry on the conversation over email and see how you get on?

- Lucy

That’s really interesting.
    Thank you for sharing
    edited June 7
    So i  stopped the phones after one call but emailed them again like two weeks ago so they rang me a few times. Not helpful

And I mean i did tell them i hate phone calls so they was conviced i never want to speak about my problems as i sounded anxious and there was many awkward silencesThey said speaking isnt helping for me. Which is Rude and put words into my mouth and assumed. Yeah it does make me anxious. But im getting nowhere in life if that stops me.  so they suddenly told me they cant help. And i think they thought i wanted to go there to not eat and lose weight as my family wouldnt force me. None of which i said but it sounded like the assumed that once i they was talking about anorexia. Then they told me to ring them back when i feel more ready to speak and maybe getting the help from bpd. So they also assumed im going to be suicidal for that long. But probs dead by then

Theyre probably just overly careful it doesnt make someone feel worse after leaving cause may leave with no one to speak with or they think about being overwhelmed there. But yeah.wasnt helpful at all and wont bother again
  • Lucy307Lucy307 UKPosts: 286 Rampant Poster
    That sounds so frustrating! You would think they would be a little more understanding over the phone... Do you reckon you could reach out over email instead or has that put you off completely now? Such a shame coz looked like a good place!
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    edited June 12
    Na doubt it. they never even replied to my question in emails. Lil rude. Oh well.