Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

are you policaly correct in all you do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if you are ...you are missing out in life in a seriously big way.

Comments

• Options
    so what if im politically correct you old sheepshagging tart :p
  • Options
    No i'm not, i make my own decisions.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blackout
    so what if im politically correct you old sheepshagging tart :p
    aye even sheep shaging is becoming politicaly correct! always has been in wales though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    aye even sheep shaging is becoming politicaly correct! always has been in wales though.

well it's not really doing anyone harm :p the sheep gets a free fuck. cant say i wud be complainin :p
  • Options
    Not at all. Fuck the lot of 'em! (Political correctness, not sheep)
  • Options
    It depends to what degree people are politically correct. For instance, I don't like being called coloured, but I dont exactly like being called a darkie either.
  • Options
    LOL doc Horatio, but some people use words like that as they dont know whats offensive and what isnt. They might think black sounds offensive, and for ages it was the done thing to use the term `coloured`. My nana for a long time called black people `chocolate people` and she thought of it as an affectionate term, especially compared to my granddad calling them ******s.
  • Options
    It's the whole "Oh, we can't have bananas being bent, we might offend homosexuals" brigade that gets on my tits.

The really petty ones :mad:
  • Options
    god, those stars make it look worse than it is. He actually called them n i g g e r s, which a lot of black people call each other anyway from what i can tell, they just dont like others calling them it.
  • Options
    which a lot of black people call each other anyway from what i can tell, they just dont like others calling them it.

Well that's only really in America, and to them its the equivelant of calling a mate a tw@t, its only really light hearted. If a random bloke in the street called you a tw@t, you wouldn't be too pleased either.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    It depends to what degree people are politically correct. For instance, I don't like being called coloured, but I dont exactly like being called a darkie either.

it's cause we don't know what is and isn't offensive.

like, i don't mind being called white. cause it's what i am. i'd be annoyed if someone made an issue of me being white, but if they're just describing me, it's ok.

the only time i'd refer to someone's colour was if i was describing them, and i'd probably call them 'black', or 'asian'.

i don't know if that's offensive. i certainly don't mean it to be.
  • Options
    It's not uncommon to call somebody a berk if they think they're behaving pretty stupidly but that goes back to a rhyming slang term - Berkeley Hunt - which is a rhyme for extremely rude word which people probably would not wish to think they're perpetuating when they say berk.

:lol: I never knew that!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    It's the whole "Oh, we can't have bananas being bent, we might offend homosexuals" brigade that gets on my tits.

The really petty ones :mad:

Hey - Do you know Bananas are an endangered species? Seriously!
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    it's cause we don't know what is and isn't offensive.

like, i don't mind being called white. cause it's what i am. i'd be annoyed if someone made an issue of me being white, but if they're just describing me, it's ok.

A good example is my brother's primary school teacher. My brother's name is Kofi, which some people take to be coffee, they just happened to be terribly wrong. Anyway, there is a rhyme in a Carry On film somewhere that goes " I like coffee, I like tea, I love sitting on a black man's knee", and this teacher said it for ages, thinking it wasn't really offensive, just a play on words with his name, but when my mum heard it, she went ballistic apparently.

As for Baa, baa, purple sheep, well, that's just stupid. I never found it offensive, and now, when I like to think I have lost my wordly naivety, I still dont find it offensive. There ARE black sheep. And though, people liked to sing this to me because of my fuzzy, wool-like hair, I really don't think it has any social references. Im sure the Nation of Islam and the BNP aren't singing it to take a dig.
  • Options
    if everything were politically correct then, society would collapse :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    if everything were politically correct then, society would collapse :p
    how?
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    how?