Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I'm turning into my mother!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else ever feel like this?

There's just me and my brother in our house this week, and I've been thinking to myself how nice it is to be able to do things my way. Eat when I want, get up when I want etc etc. When I was loading the dishwasher yesterday I was thinking how nice it was to be able to put things where I want them to go. Whenever my mum's at home she tells me off for putting the big plates in the wrong rack!!

Then tonight I go down to put my plate in the dishwasher and find that my brother has put a small plate where the big plates should go

I suddenly understand where my mum has been coming from all this time :lol:

Comments

• Options
    LOL, so now you know!
  • Options
    Lol you think thats harsh, the second my parents set foot out the door my brother turns into some kind of cleanliness crusader!!! the usual routine is abandoned and everything must be replaced exactly where it was found spotless, like normally i get up and have breakfast place my stuff on the top, then after tea i load the days pots into the dishwasher, when parents leave each individual item must go in the dishwasher as and when you've finished with it, noo sitting round to watch the end of your program... you must do it.....NOW! i usually just pray he stays at a mates lol
  • Options
    It happens to the best of us!
  • Options
    hmmmm scary.... i did that once, and i told my dad (of all ppl) to stop messing about, and to behave.

I dont want to be like my mum!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Stinger
    Lol you think thats harsh, the second my parents set foot out the door my brother turns into some kind of cleanliness crusader!!! the usual routine is abandoned and everything must be replaced exactly where it was found spotless, like normally i get up and have breakfast place my stuff on the top, then after tea i load the days pots into the dishwasher, when parents leave each individual item must go in the dishwasher as and when you've finished with it, noo sitting round to watch the end of your program... you must do it.....NOW! i usually just pray he stays at a mates lol

aaargh!! that is sooo wrong!!! leaving dishes on the worktop and claiming you'll put them in the dishwasher later, yeah right. My brother used to do this too until I told him off, now he puts them in the dishwasher as soon as he's finished, but puts them in the wrong place - he can't win poor thing!

But really, it's hardly any extra effort for you to put them in the dishwasher straight after you finish with them.

be glad you don't live with me :yes: