Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hello... I'm new

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi...
I'm new to this, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.
Can anyone give me some advice on how this works.
How do I talk about things...
cause I need advice and stuff but what do I do.
So confused ahhhhh

Comments

• James_James_ Posts: 21 Boards Initiate
    Hey there,
    I'm no expert and haven't been on this in quite a while but the best way to talk is either on here or by going on the group chats when they're open, usually 8-9:30 i think.
    Everyone here is really friendly and im happy to give advice the best i can to help you! If you find talking about things weird know that no one is gonna talk about your problems outside of where you want it to be talked about. Also it's all as anonymous as you want it, make up a name or don't have one if it makes you feel better because what matters is you're comfortable to talk and feel better when you're done talking.
    Group chats are normally the best way as staff are on there to be supportive but if you want to talk now then im here and you can pm if you want :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you!
    I have gone with a different name, I struggle to talk about things in real life so I though this would help! I'm glad everyone is supportive. And excited to see what happens and all the help I can get
  • starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Heyy welcome!!

What James said is right. There are chats on most nights where you can either go to support chat for help with anything on your mind within the char guidelines which you can find somewhere but not sure where or there is a group chat which is where you can go to unwind and have a nice chat about the most random topics imaginable most nights!! If you go to Get support on the mix main page and the to group chat there is a timetable which explains when chats are on (8-9:30pm) and announcements also get put on the live chat announcement thread of the forum (http://www.themix.org.uk/community/forum/chat-debate/live-chat-announcements)to say who is modding the chat that night etc. You can find the guideline on the link there too in the sticky topics.

You can also post on the boards here under the topic heading that most fits what you want to talk about and you are sure to get a response from someone willing to try and help you with whatever the problem is.

Im also here if ever you want to talk about anything! Just drop me a pm and ill try my best to help :)

I hope this wasnt too confusing for you, im sure someone will explain it better!! You will get to learn your way around super quick in no time!!

Esme x
    That was perfect thank you x
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Ann G wrote: »
    Hi...
    I'm new to this, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.
    Can anyone give me some advice on how this works.
    How do I talk about things...
    cause I need advice and stuff but what do I do.
    So confused ahhhhh

Hiya @Ann G

Welcome to our forum. It's getting late now which is why the forum is quiet. But come the next day there will be staff around and more members, and I hope you will be welcomed more. Here in themix people have been pretty good to me, and I'm only 16. You are not alone in your struggle talking about real life things, but I promise you that people are very supportive.

Starting 8th to 14th January, there is going to be a Chat Break Week. You can read all about it here.

http://www.themix.org.uk/community/forum/chat-debate/live-chat-announcements/3578968-chat-break-week-8th-15th-of-january

The rest of an average week, here are live chat announcements: http://www.themix.org.uk/community/forum/chat-debate/live-chat-announcements

You could join the chats as a guest, or better still, register a new chat account. Details on how to do this are shown below:

http://www.themix.org.uk/community/forum/chat-debate/live-chat-announcements/3577684-chat-software-faq

Please excuse that ghastly dark chat background. Sometime after Mike and his team have discussed things, then it's possible that a nicer more pleasant chat background will be chosen. On the above link is a pdf file. Download it so you can read all about how our chat thingamybobs work.

When I first joined the forum, it felt all strange, too. But after a few posts you will get used to the forum.

In the meantime have a good weekend!

Belle xx
    Thank you so much❤️
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hiya,

Welcome to the boards. I see you have already posted a topic in H & WB, so well done for that (am gonna have a read now). I'm Eleanor, I'm 15 and yes, when I first joined I was super confused as well. It is a relatively quiet forum though, so easier to get your topics seen and not lost in a flood of others.

I hope you find the support helpful xx
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Heey :wave: welcome to the boards :):heart:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    Hello
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Welcome to the boards Ann G!

Thank you everyone for explaining so well how The Mix works and what we do :)

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Hi everyone😊😊😊
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Ann G wrote: »
    Hi everyone😊😊😊

Hiya Ann! Welcome aboard. Are you settling in better now?

All the best,
    Belle