Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I want to feel free

littlebabypandalittlebabypanda Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
I haven't drunk heavily or done drugs for 4-5 months. I have a good life and a bright future. Yet I still miss the past. I miss having no worries and getting drunk in the park with no thoughts about the consequences. I payed for that life. It resulted in a lot of pain but I still want it back. I want to feel free- maybe the pain was worth it.
What do you do when you feel like this? Is it okay to accept your old life as a part of your new one as well or should I put the past behind me and focus on the future?
Thanks for any replies xx

Comments

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hi littlebabypanda,

I think that it's not a good idea to go back to that lifestyle. Being involved with drinking as a way to drown out your worries is an awful way to deal with them, and is more harmful in the long run. I should mention that I'm personally against alcohol and drug consumptionx

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @littlebabypanda

Well done for being off the drink and drugs for so long, that is really an achievement. I'm so happy you said you have a good life and a bright future - that positivity is what you need to keep going! Of course you will look back with fondness at certain parts of that lifestyle, but also remember, you said yourself, it resulted in pain. How I see it is if you've got a horrible ex boyfriend. You might look back with fondness when you feel lonely, to times that he was loving and kind, but you have to remember why you split in the first place and why you don't want to go back there. Because you are stronger than that!

I personally feel like every part of your past makes you who you are today, so of course accept it, it's part of you, but also to focus on your present and your future. You are clearly very strong to be where you are. All the best :heart:

- Lucy :rainbow2:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • littlebabypandalittlebabypanda Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Hello people,

Thank you for those who replied. I just wanted to give an update on my life as a former party girl. I decided it wasn't for me. To be honest, I never really fitted in with people at parties and drugs and alcohol just aren't really my scene. My life is a lot better now. I feel happy with the little things in life- lazy days and time to relax. I'm still very ambitious and I feel like taking some time away from my old life has given me time to realise what I want. I what I don't need to my life anymore.

So my message to anyone stuck in that kind of scene is that it's never too late to be who you might have been. Don't be tricked into thinking this is where you belong. If you're not happy with your life, it's time to move on.

Good luck my friends xx
  • RayofhopeRayofhope Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Hi,

Its good that you have realised what you wanted and that your life before wasn't the life you wanted to have and that you have made steps to change this. Its a great message to send out to people that its never to late to change things and that things can get better.

Well done, How are you doing?

Rayofhope:rainbow::rainbow2:
    Life doesn’t require we be the best, only that we try our best
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    So glad to hear that @littlebabypanda, thanks for sharing such a positive story :heart:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • littlebabypandalittlebabypanda Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Rayofhope wrote: »
    Hi,

Its good that you have realised what you wanted and that your life before wasn't the life you wanted to have and that you have made steps to change this. Its a great message to send out to people that its never to late to change things and that things can get better.

Well done, How are you doing?

Rayofhope:rainbow::rainbow2:

Hi RayofHope,

I am fairly well thank you. I have been struggling through some issues but I haven't given up. I'm trying really hard and, although I'm tired, I feel proud of where I am at the moment.

Best wishes,
    Littlebabypanda xx
  • RayofhopeRayofhope Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Hi,

It's great to here that you haven't given up with the things you are struggling with. I know that sometimes when things are harder and we are struggling that is when we might find it easier to give up so its great to here that you haven't done this. Well done.

Good Luck with it all and we are all here to support you through this.
    Rayofhope
    Life doesn’t require we be the best, only that we try our best
  • JustinRunyonJustinRunyon Posts: 4 Newbie
    Give up something that was a big part of your life em a very difficult task!
    Very glad that you did it!
    Good luck to you in all your endeavors!
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there @JustinRunyon just to say I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread since it's pretty old at this point. It's great to see you supporting other users on the boards but just try and keep an eye out for when a thread was posted. :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
This discussion has been closed.