Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hello!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello everyone,

I currently live and work in London. I am in love with this city and it is a wonderful escape away from family issues although I do feel lonely at times. I think I have discovered a lot about myself whilst being here and I am using that to try and build myself into a stronger and better person. But, I've had what seems like a never-ending struggle with self-confidence and feelings of depression/anxiety and I hope to find some support and friendship here (and also lend support through my experiences!).

Comments

• Options
    Shruti

It's great that you have joined us here at TheMix, for there are many who can help you through life's struggles: anxiety, self-confidence and depressions and your self-esteeem will be greatly helped by these dear people who have done so much to help me, too.

Take your time reading the many forums, and enjoy your time here with us.

Have a sweet weekend. :)

Julie

• Options
    Thank you @Princesa :)​ :rainbow2: I am glad to hear it has helped you a great deal too! I look forward to my time here. :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Shruti
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Heey shruti! :)
    welcome to the boards, see you around :hyper:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Thanks @BubblesGoesBoo :):rainbow2: see you around!
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Welcome to the boards @Shruti :wave:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hello Shruti and welcome :wave:

The boards is a great place to start and everyone is super helpful and friendly around here, if you get lost or struggle with anything just drop Mike or Aife a message or start a thread in the help desk and they'll be more than happy to help :)

Once you get the hang of the boards you may find chats helpful,

Two currently run from Sunday to Thursday. they are "GC"(known as general chat, its a great please to unwind and talk about fun topics and basically have a laugh)
    there is also SC(known as support chat, this is great if you need advise or support)

they both run from 8-9:30 pm.

i'm in GC most nights so if you feel like giving either a try they are a great way to talk to others without it feeling as intimidating as in person.

if you feel like learning more head on over to the live chat announcements page http://www.themix.org.uk/community/forum/chat-debate/live-chat-announcements

Most importantly, welcome and I hope you find the support and help you need :d x

Happy galloping :rainbow2:

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Hello @Shruti and welcome to the boards.

I'm originally from London as well although have lived in Scotland for almost 14 years (I'm only 15 nearly so I was very young when we moved). But have been back since and love it!

Hope you can find the support you need here, I see you've already posted so well done!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Hi @Aife[/USER] [USER="99682"]Laine[/USER] [USER="95994"]independent_ :wave::wave::wave:

Thank you all for your welcoming messages :heart: and thank you @Laine for all the information. I would be interested in joining the chats too at some point.

​That's nice @independent_ I am glad you are enjoying it in London, I love it here, I also used to live in London too but then moved away with the parents, its great to be back again. :)

Shruti