Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Today I drove the greatest car in the world...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...and it was a right pig.
Our company has just got a Land Rover 110 Station Wagon on hire for this M77 job. Its slow, handles very badly, the gear lever feels like its attached to the gears by a rubber band and the handbrake lever is located down by the driver's left ankle.

However, its perfomance off road is nothin short of awesome. This afternoon I had to set up on a station up on top of a soil heap on the wrong side of a field of mud. If we were in the Kangoo I would have had to walk (as I have had to do for the past week or two) but the Land Rover just drove right up to the station without flinching. It truly is the greatest car in the world.

Comments

• Options
    i don't get why people buy offroad cars to drive round cities.

like they're gonna come across rustic obstacles that none of the rest of us are.
  • Options
    Personally I'd prefer to drive a Ferrari 360 Modena ;).
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i don't get why people buy offroad cars to drive round cities.

Neither do I. Seriously, why would anyone want to put up with the crap ride, handling and performance (not to mention slowness) if they aren't going off road. We only need the Land Rover because a normal van would get stuck in the mud or ground on the ruts on the site.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Preciosa
    Personally I'd prefer to drive a Ferrari 360 Modena ;).

Or an Aston Martin DB7 :yes:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Captain Slog
    Or an Aston Martin DB7 :yes:

Or a Konneigseg (sp?)