Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

RANT (I dont expect replies)!

independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So today I found out I got a D (49%) in my first maths assessment in exam year. You might think "wow, shes bothered about her first assessment", but I'm actually embrrassed to write that shockingly low number😂

But what I don't get about schools is why on earth they give you a huge row for getting a bad mark... like, why not just help me to improve😂 and now my tracking is going to go down😂😭

and if I'm getting D's in my assessments now, and mocks are in January, I probably won't be much better by then. Thing is they've set my target grades really high, so of course I'm under pressure!!

Sorry, rant over.
“Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Sorry you feel so upset from this grade. I get what you mean about the teachers not being supportive. Have you went and spoke to one of your teachers about it and asked what you can do to improve?

Just because you got a D now, it doesn’t mean you will get the same in your mocks :) you have a few months still to work on what your struggling with and get support and hopefully when it gets to your mocks you will feel ready for it.

Also, as someone who had already been through gcse’s. Don’t worry about your grades too much. I panicked soo much during my exams and now I realise that I shouldn’t have got so worked up about them.

You can only do your best! :)
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Esme17 wrote: »
    Sorry you feel so upset from this grade. I get what you mean about the teachers not being supportive. Have you went and spoke to one of your teachers about it and asked what you can do to improve?

Just because you got a D now, it doesn’t mean you will get the same in your mocks :) you have a few months still to work on what your struggling with and get support and hopefully when it gets to your mocks you will feel ready for it.

Also, as someone who had already been through gcse’s. Don’t worry about your grades too much. I panicked soo much during my exams and now I realise that I shouldn’t have got so worked up about them.

You can only do your best! :)

Thank you so much Esme. I spoke to my maths teacher yesterday and she as helpful, but it's the support woman (who I have previous and ongoing problems with) who was the main problem! But that's a whole other rant!

Again thank you do much!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    No worries. It’s good that your maths teacher was helpful!

I hope everything goes well with your other exams :)
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Esme17 wrote: »
    No worries. It’s good that your maths teacher was helpful!

I hope everything goes well with your other exams :)

Thank you!!

Bloody support woman gave me another lecture today for using boring vocabulary 😂😂🤔🤔