Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hardest thing ever

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im fucked up. Homeless with four kids and could be potentially going to jail for 30 days friday. I have never been homeless and it hurts my heart to see my children crammed into my sisters one bedroom apartment sleeping on the floor. I am mentally unstable at times because no matter how much i try to be a good person or how hard i work something or someone disrupts that. Im mentally and physically exhausted. I dont know what makes me happy or even how to have fun anymore. I just wish i could die. I feel useless. Im over feeling this way, if it weren't for my children i would have probably ended already. I don't know what to do any more. I have been beaten by life and im alone in it all. Sometime i feel like my children don't love me either. My six year old watches these youtube videos of nice families doing stupid stuff to make them happy and he says i wish i had a different family 😢 broke my heart. I only gave up my life laid on my back with strangers to provide for them when no resources were around and put 70-80 hrs a week in at work to provide for them. I don't blame him though i would want a new family too lol. Please pray for my family and I. I have lost faith a long time ago 😢

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
    Hey there, and welcome to the community. :wave:

Just to let you know, I moved this thread to our Health & Wellbeing forum where it fits a little better and should also get seen a lot more easily. It's also worth noting that we're primarily a community of under 25s, so our knowledge of support services and places you may be able to go will be a bit limited. That being said, you are of course still welcome here and welcome to talk things out with us.

I want to say that reading your post actually really moved me, and you can really feel the weight behind your words. I won't pretend to understand what you're going through, and I can't imagine how difficult it is not only to be going through this yourself, but to also be going through this with your children. Might go without saying, but it's clear how hard you're working trying to care for them and how much weight you've got on your shoulders right now.

You've done so amazingly well to reach out to us here. Talking about these things and looking for help can be one of the biggest (and hardest) steps to take for yourself and your family.

Have you spoken to your local council about the homelessness situation? If you have young children, they're required by law to find emergency housing for you because you're a priority need, even if you're couch surfing or staying at someone's house.

You can also get in touch with Gingerbread, who support lone parents. You can find details of their helpline here. Here are their opening times:
    When can I call the helpline?
    • Mondays: 10am to 6pm
    • Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays: 10am to 4pm
    • Wednesdays: 10am-1pm and 5pm-7pm.
    [FONT=&quot]The helpline is closed on all public holidays.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Phone us for free on 0808 802 0925.[/FONT]

And if you do find yourself battling any harmful or suicidal thoughts, you can always get in touch with Samaritans via phone (116 123) or email (jo@samaritans.org) for a listening ear.

Well done again for reaching out to us. Best of luck with things and please do keep using this space in whatever way you find useful - this community is always here. :heart:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.