Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What should I do?

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
Hey guys 🤗

On Thursday I have someone coming out to see me from my local Mind for a support worker but I dont think they know I live in supported accomodation and that I aleady have a support worker (Its just that my support worker I already have she says she is going to support me with things and dosent) so I just want a different support worker. If I tell them they will probably say they cant support me because I cant have 2 support workers. So shall I just pretend that I dont already have one? I need extra support anyway

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey lostsense,
    I would be honest probably, if they find out it could be bad in the long run. They might still be able to support you though, or maybe even change support workers if you feel yours isn't helping? I'm sure they'll sort out something :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I dont know because it is supported housing so I still would be seeing the support worker everyday. Thanks
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    hey @Lostsense how did the appointment go?
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hi. I cant say yet how the appointment went because I havent been allocated a support worker from them yet and this is how far I got with them in August *last year* I had an assesment with them and they got in touch in January this year to say they were ready to get my 3rd party information now (how ridiculous is that!) Something wierd with Mind is they have to get 3rd party information before you get allocated a support worker and mine is coming from my gp (not something I really want but I want a different support worker) they said this usually takes a week so that will be Thursday. They think my support worker is just an tenancy support worker 😂 oh well lol. So that is why I had to be re-assesed last week but they did say that I WILL recieve a support worker from them this time so lets just see...