Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

100 degrees f soon ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
and twenty feet of snow come january. everything is heading for extremes. after the europe wide drought that is devastating crops
will come the inevitable floods.
will next summer be a 110 and the one after that 120 and so on.
europes agriculture is under severe strain right now ...to the point that some foodstuffs will be in very short supply by the end of the year. the same is happening in india and pakistan.
have we broken our beutiful planets eco system?

Comments

• Options
    Do you know what- i think we may have, the weather gone mad!!

You cant dress for summer, or winter anymore, as it can be frezzing in july now, and warm in november!
    strange!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miss_Hermione_G
    Do you know what- i think we may have, the weather gone mad!!

You cant dress for summer, or winter anymore, as it can be frezzing in july now, and warm in november!
    strange!

Well its all the global warming and carbon di/mon oxide in the atmosphere
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Well its all the global warming and carbon di/mon oxide in the atmosphere

god u really are an idiot!
    thats what they were on about! duh!
  • Options
    ah well, what can you do? relax with herbs...
  • Options
    Or invest in recycling and renewable fuels :p
  • Options
    lol it's true that global warming is caused by CO2, and that factories etc do put it into the air. but the truth is that's not why we're hotting up; we're due for an ice age which is preceded by VERY hot temperatures. it's a natural process that keeps coming and going. this CO2 malarky is just used by greenpeace etc to try to shut down factories.
  • Options
    the hole in the ozone layer is supposedly slowly recovering... yet if we have summers which are 90% as hot as this one then fuck it, i'm moving to Sweden.
  • Options
    Yes it's hot in the UK just now, but think about more tropical climates, the caribbean, the mediterranean, south america, they all seem to survive the heat.... bloody UK, buck up and stop fricking complaining!! And as for the rail service, i cant believe them, ohh.. we have to slow the trains down because the tracks might bend,..... dont be so stupid, what about trains which go across the USA, or in parts of Africa, their tracks seem fine... BAH!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    Yes it's hot in the UK just now, but think about more tropical climates, the caribbean, the mediterranean, south america, they all seem to survive the heat.... bloody UK, buck up and stop fricking complaining!! And as for the rail service, i cant believe them, ohh.. we have to slow the trains down because the tracks might bend,..... dont be so stupid, what about trains which go across the USA, or in parts of Africa, their tracks seem fine... BAH!

i dont know why, but the heat in England is more uncomfortable than anywhere else in the world. I've just come back from Thailand where it was about 30-35 degrees all the time, if not more, and that was fine, but when you get back to England you start to feel ill and sickly from the heat....
  • Options
    Come and stay in Gibraltar, where it is 35-40 degrees and you have a clammy easterly wind coming in from the meditteranean sea, its overcast and feels like you are in an oven!
  • Options
    It's 13 years since we had temperatures like this.

I think that the "scientist" are getting a little excited, as usual. Last year the poor weather was blamed on "Global Warming" too.