Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Wanting to find a middle aged partner

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
Hello my name is Shola and I really want to find an older partner of any gender who are male or female as I am now over 18 and I do not know the easiest and safest way to find one as I hate being lonely and single as I need some happiness and for no one to judge or criticise me or ask me any stupid questions on why I want someone older as I am old enough to make choices that I want in my life.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Shola,

It's totally understandable why you want to find an older guy. Apparently girls mature 2 years older than guys!

It's perfectly legal for you to get with whoever you feel happy with - if this be someone older, so be it. Dating apps such as Tinder can be ok, if this is your thing. However, of course this carries its dangers.

What must be noted is that a young adult and someone middle aged probably want different things. You may be still in education and they could have a career, a house, perhaps children - perhaps this would be too much for you?

Don't limit your options to one age group as you may find it doesn't work out.

Good luck!
  • GlennGlenn Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
    Hi Shola

It sounds like you really want to find someone to stop feeling lonely and that you want this person to be older.

Knowing what you want is a good start, I hope you find what you're looking for. Feeling judged for sharing what you want isn't a nice feeling sometimes.

Let us know how you get on.