Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Got A Death Wish?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just want to know why sooo many people have unprotected sex? I mean, I'm a virgin at the moment, but when I do have a sexual relationship, there's no way I'm gonna have unprotected sex. I know the risks, and I'm sure you all do.. So why still not protected??? I certainly don't want to become Infertile by catching Chlamidia the easiest STI to get :rolleyes: I guess you all want it eh? Grrrr.

Ilora x

Comments

• Options
    Yes i wanna have 232 babies and die of AIDS :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I can understand women not wanting to go on the Pill because of the supposed risks, but there's no excuse not to use condoms.
  • Options
  • Options
    Why do so many people have unprotected sex (ie without a condom)? Various reasons...

They don't believe that STD's will happen to them (this is like smokers believing smoking won't kill them - same sort of attitude).

They're a pain in the arse to put on when you're drunk.

You don't always have them with you when you need them...

Carrying them, despite being good common sense, gives the wrong impression - ie that sleep around and you're expecting sex, and that you must sleep around a lot, wheras not having condoms shows that you're not just out for a shag. This attitude is still prevelant, and it's still seen as a negative thing, rather than being a responsible and forward thinking thing to do.
    So, Ilora, do you carry condoms??? I mean, after all, you never know when you may wish to have sex, and having them would be the responsible thing to do.

They're passion killers. Fiddling around with the things is a pain in the arse, stops the natural flow of love making, and is a stressful part of having sex at times, especially if you have problems putting them on.

They take the spontenaity out of having sex and/or making love.

Sex without them feels so much better. There's more sensation, and you feel more "connected" with the person you're having sex/making love with.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I can see what you're saying, Mr. Wobble. But still, if you're not sure of your partner's history or if you're not protected from pregnancy in some other way eg Pill, Coil etc, then that's the price you have to pay - the loss of a bit of spontenaity.

Ilora, you're right of course, but it doesn't work that way. Sex is about passion and animal desires, and it's easier than you might think just to get carried away with it.

In an ideal world, no one would have unprotected sex, but it can't always work like that. Sadly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum
    Week in week out girls swallow spunk giving out blow jobs to strangers and one night stands. The phrase "Dumb Fucks" springs to mind.

the word 'practice makes perfect' spring to mine :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Why do so many people have unprotected sex (ie without a condom)? Various reasons...

They don't believe that STD's will happen to them (this is like smokers believing smoking won't kill them - same sort of attitude).

They're a pain in the arse to put on when you're drunk.

You don't always have them with you when you need them...

Carrying them, despite being good common sense, gives the wrong impression - ie that sleep around and you're expecting sex, and that you must sleep around a lot, wheras not having condoms shows that you're not just out for a shag. This attitude is still prevelant, and it's still seen as a negative thing, rather than being a responsible and forward thinking thing to do.
    So, Ilora, do you carry condoms??? I mean, after all, you never know when you may wish to have sex, and having them would be the responsible thing to do.

Mr_Wobble ;)

I'd think it's better to 'look a slag' than contract a deadly disease like HIV/AIDS, no?
  • Options
    Originally posted by monocrat
    I'd think it's better to 'look a slag' than contract a deadly disease like HIV/AIDS, no?

Of course it is. The trouble is, with HIV/AIDS, people might think 'well, it could happen, but it's only a slim chance'. Whereas looking like a slag is a much more immediate thing. Some people would rather take the risk I guess.
  • Options
    Week in week out girls swallow spunk giving out blow jobs to strangers and one night stands. The phrase "Dumb Fucks" springs to mind.
  • Options
    I just have the attitude that im only young, and ill deal with the consequences later. Who cares if its daft.
  • Options
    This is one of the reasons I don't do sex before marriage.

If you're only ever with one person, does it really matter if you have protection or not?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skateside

If you're only ever with one person, does it really matter if you have protection or not?
    Aside from making them to a test, how can you be sure your partner's been a good girl?
  • Options
    Originally posted by monocrat
    I wasn't advocating sex without condoms, just listing the reasons why people don't use them. I mean, do you always carry them just in case? Most people don't seem to.

Myself, I hate the damned things, but nearly always have some close to hand, just in case. I've only had sex with a couple of ex'es without them, and it was something we discussed beforehand, and neither of us felt we had any infections, or had been exposed to any. No, we didnt' get tested, which would've been the thing to do in an ideal world.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    Aside from making them to a test, how can you be sure your partner's been a good girl?
    Trust.

I guess there's no way of ever *knowing* for sure, but if she tells me she's been good, personally, I'd believe her. It would be slightly obvious sooner or later whether she had or not
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skateside

Hmmmm...as long as you KNOW that your partner isn't shagging around behind your back or hasn't had any sexual relationships before you got married I suppose you're safe.

I have sex without a condom with my boyfriend but am/was on the pill (I want to have a baby now)

When we first got together we used condoms and then I went on the pill after we'd been together a while but Neither of us have ever had a test (I was a virgin when I met him) so I guess I'm just putting my faith in his honesty about previous relationships and the fact that he won't cheat on me. Perhaps thats a bit silly of me?:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    Perhaps thats a bit silly of me?:(
    Nope, that sounds like a reasonable, and sensible approach, to me.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Hmm yep I prob got a death wish. I am pretty good on one nihters or with new fellas. ALthough it has to be said not always. Yep I've had unprotected with way too many people and yes I've been lucky all of them have been honest about their past. But I hate condoms. they're fussy things which are fiddly to put on, kill the moment, and just make the sex feel shit. Maybe I@m foolish but thats life and I'd rather be to be honest. I'm gonna get slated for this now I know but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to that.
  • Options
    So Kazbo - what will you do if you get pregnant?

Particularly if it was a one nighter?
  • Options
    Re: Got A Death Wish?!
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    I guess you all want it eh? Grrrr.

:rolleyes: Oh yeah, 'cause all of us go around having unprotected sex. Grr.

Sometimes your holier than thou attitude is really irritating.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    So Kazbo - what will you do if you get pregnant?

Particularly if it was a one nighter?

Byny I@m on the pill anyways. And one nighters are a thing of the past now anyways. I'm wiht the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. If I get pregnant we'll deal with that together, we're both adults and we're quite prepared to take the responsibility. JUst we'd both much prefer it not to happen with me going back to uni etc.