Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Pickles!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK on another side note for McDonalds

Who orders their burgers with no Pickles! TAKE THE DAMN THINGS OFF! We have to specially cook your damn food for you just take them off it takes two seconds compared to us having to tell you to take a seat and store the order and stop serving a few minutes later to take your damn food to you.

Also possibly the stupidest are the people who order Big Macs without pickle. Look at your Big Mac sauce see the bits of green in it. Guess what that is. ITS PICKLE. Big Mac sauce has PICKLE in it so ordering a mac without pickle is POINTLESS!

</Rant>

Comments

• Options
    Ever feel your work is taking over your life?
  • Options
    aren't they gherkins?

i used to order my burgers plain until i went to Moscow and didn't know how to say that in Russian so i just got them with the sauce and all. got used to it now though. and there's no point me asking for them without gherkins cos there's always someone in my group who loves them (freaks! :confused: ) and will gladly take them off me!
  • Options
    Well actually they are pickled gherkins! LOL.

On the tills though they printed as pickles so thats what we call em but to be fair you can call em what you like.
  • Options
  • Options
    Re: Pickles!
    Originally posted by Bomberman444

Also possibly the stupidest are the people who order Big Macs without pickle. Look at your Big Mac sauce see the bits of green in it. Guess what that is. ITS PICKLE. Big Mac sauce has PICKLE in it so ordering a mac without pickle is POINTLESS!

</Rant>

well, i like tomatoes in sauce but i HATE them whole.

some people are funny like that.
  • Options
    Sorry. But we are paying you to cook our food. Are you any different to other restaurants were we ask for certain things to be added or removed.

Some of us don't like pickles. Or mustard. So we ask for it to be removed. Not to much hassle I would have thought. When making up your next burger just don't slide pickle into it and add a pile of mustard. Infact I would have thought that would take less time than making a "normal" burger.

Pah. Yanks forcing their way of life on us. I remember when a burger from BK was just that. A burger. In a bun. Simple. You knew what you were getting. Now everytime when I order something from BK or McD's I have to ask if it has pickle/mustard in it. And then when I ask for a burger with said evilness in them I get the "Are you mad. Do you realise how much hassle it is to make up a burger without them in it. Jesus, it's guys like you that really make my day".

/rant over. And relax.....
  • Options
    you're paid to do your job, so DO IT... the customer is always right*

*well in Mc Donalds anyway. :p
  • Options
    I always take them out myself. Can't be bothered to wait for a pickle-less burger to be cooked specially.
  • Options
    God, bitch, bitch BITCH!

You applied for the special pickle-less cooking job, MATE! Too fecking bad. You don't like it? Get a fucking P45 you whiney little pleb. :|
  • Options
    Originally posted by squat_tom
    I always take them out myself. Can't be bothered to wait for a pickle-less burger to be cooked specially.

I would do that but I can still taste the pickle :yuck: So I need a freshly made burger. Probably with extra spit in it though :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    I would do that but I can still taste the pickle :yuck: So I need a freshly made burger. Probably with extra spit in it though :rolleyes:

same here, fuckin spotty bastards who work in mcdonalds all act like there doing us a favour by giving us there crappy burgers!
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    God, bitch, bitch BITCH!

You applied for the special pickle-less cooking job, MATE! Too fecking bad. You don't like it? Get a fucking P45 you whiney little pleb. :|

haha CUSS! he's not gonna like reading that one! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    haha CUSS! he's not gonna like reading that one! :D

Herh.
  • Options
    OK on another side note for McDonalds

Who orders their burgers with no Pickles! TAKE THE DAMN THINGS OFF! We have to specially cook your damn food for you just take them off it takes two seconds compared to us having to tell you to take a seat and store the order and stop serving a few minutes later to take your damn food to you.

</Rant>

if so many people ask for burgers without pickles then why not just make some up without them on??
  • Options
    They last 10 mins from when they are cooked. This is why we don't normally hold pickle-less burgers. Sometimes hold plain ones. The fact is it DOES take another 2 minutes to get a burger with no Pickle because everything has to be cooked specially and people moan and winge that they have to wait. To be fair the pickles will probably get put on and then taken back off when someone rmbrs in kitchen anyway so its not like your getting anything special.
  • Options
    ordering a mac without pickle is POINTLESS!

</Rant>
    Ordering burgers in MacDonalds is also pointless - if you were expecting food with actual taste. :yuck:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    touche