Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What happeneds if the nhs goes bankrupt

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
So the election is tomorrow and to be honest I don't fully understand politics or who's doing what. I've always been taught that labour is for the working class family. So it's always seemed to be the best option and from what I've heard from Treaser May. I'm definitely voting labour again as I don't agree with things she has said.

But anyway each year the NHS struggles more and more and I'm worried about what will happen should the NHS go bankrupt. If we have to start paying for health care there are going to be a lot of people who won't go to the hospital or doctors when ill as they can't afford it.

I was reading an article the other day about having children in the USA and it is so expensive to ensure the baby is developing right, to have all the checks and in the end give birth. I can't remember the amount but it was thousands! Just to have a baby. What about cancer treatments and life saving tests. Theses could also cost hundreds in the end. But like many people who has the extra £100 lying around?? I don't. I'm not saying it will happen but what if it does? How do we adapt?

Comments

• One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Thanks for replying Aidan I voted Labour today. It's true what you say they all break promises but we just have to hope that they are going to do their beat for us. If the NHS became private then I'd struggle. I'm young and while I'm thinking about moving out I can't afford it yet. But imagine I move out and manage to scrape by but have a horrible accident and can't afford the treatment needed? Or I pay for the treatment but left with nothing. I like all of us rely on the NHS. I wouldn't have had my diagnosis of epilepsy if I had to pay thousands for the tests.

I'll be honest if it means keeping the NHS I don't mind paying that little extra tax if needed.

We can't keep lying to ourselves Britain is struggling to keep the NHS going as it is. And while I'm not racist at all and like to help others, it time we asked ourselves "can we really afford to keep send all this money to other countries?" As I say I'm all for helping others but we need to look out for ourselves first.

How much longer till you can vote?
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Sorry I haven't replied sorry to hear about your medical problems evie. Not sure what will happen now it's gone to hung parliament