Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Does everything happen for a reason?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Re: Does everything happen for a reason?
    Originally posted by giggles3
    well????

i think its 50/50 somethings might happen for a reason but sometings might not
  • Options
    i think everything happens for a reason, but then again, i also think i use this as a bit of a cop out as not to take responsibility for anything....oops.
  • Options
    I believe so yes.
  • Options
    yes because someones done something for it to happen, not because there some under hidden meaning :D
  • Options
    Yes, yes it does.
  • Options
    yes, it does:) or why would there be a point, or what would be here for and all that kinda stuff!
  • Options
    yeah why not?
  • Options
    yes :yes:

i believe in fate/destiny and i also belive in that 'well if it's meant to be we'll meet again' blaaah

altho maybe its a cop out
  • Options
    Yere everything happens because its ment to, you may not be able to see why, but it does. But dont sit on your arse waitin you gotta look for it.......

Bopz
  • Options
    yes i like to believe so. :)

sometimes things happen to me that make me disappointed but then something else comes along that wouldn't have happened if the first thing hadn't happened, and i think ok so that's why it went wrong. i was meant to be doing this instead.
  • Options
    :yes:
  • Options
    Wow, I'm the first sceptic. I doin't believe in fate, destiny or anything like that. What reason would there be for the Holocaust, for example? I see no reason to believe that there is any kind of guiding hand at work. Things happen beacue of a variety of things, not because it's part of some great plan.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zero II
    Wow, I'm the first sceptic. I doin't believe in fate, destiny or anything like that. What reason would there be for the Holocaust, for example? I see no reason to believe that there is any kind of guiding hand at work. Things happen beacue of a variety of things, not because it's part of some great plan.

that's fair enough. in fact i only apply this rule to my own life to be fair, it makes rejections easier to cope with :)
  • Options
    Yes, things happen for a reason, why are we born? to fulfil our destiny, what is our destiny, do we make it ourself or is it already there for us...only we follow the path?
  • Options
    Re: Does everything happen for a reason?
    Originally posted by giggles3
    well????

No.

Everything has a cause though.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Does everything happen for a reason?
    Originally posted by monocrat
    No.

Everything has a cause though.
    ooooh so profound
  • Options
    i dont believe in fait...if everythings already planned and mapped out....whats the point of it happening...and sho would plan such sick things we live through? nope i dont believ in fait...who could be bothered?
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    i dont believe in fait...if everythings already planned and mapped out....whats the point of it happening...and sho would plan such sick things we live through? nope i dont believ in fait...who could be bothered?

so you just take each day as it comes and make your life yourself...fate-it's what we make it.
  • Options
    i believe in fate.

someone once told me two things in my life were about to happen. and they both did, exactly as she said.

it's a line from something, but how could she see the future if it didn't already exist?
  • Options
    Our brains are a series of chemical and electical reactions, as with any chemical reaction there is only ever going to be one outcome. De facto everything is pre-destined, right from the start one reaction sets off another.

But also, I'm the center of the universe, and its reason for being. If I die it doesnt exist anymore, I percieve therefore it is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Our brains are a series of chemical and electical reactions, as with any chemical reaction there is only ever going to be one outcome. De facto everything is pre-destined, right from the start one reaction sets off another.

But also, I'm the center of the universe, and its reason for being. If I die it doesnt exist anymore, I percieve therefore it is.
    Ok true but what about the weather? that effeects us greatly and thats not pre-planned, thats just one example of things that happen with nothing to do with our brain. :)
  • Options
    Of course things happen for a reason.

The door is open. Why? Because I opened it.

My boyfriend chucked me. Why? Because he didn't want to go out with me any more.

Destiny and stuff is all a load of rubbish, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Of course things happen for a reason.

The door is open. Why? Because I opened it.

My boyfriend chucked me. Why? Because he didn't want to go out with me any more.

Destiny and stuff is all a load of rubbish, in my opinion.

we agree......
  • Options
    Whether and all natural events boil down to chemical reactions so my point still stands.
  • Options
    so who do you think has planned all this out?
  • Options
    None of my business, not a 'god' in the normal sense of things, I am much ready to believe in an observer type presence rather than an 'all mighty'.
  • Options
    Fair enough. I really dont think anyone would plan all this out though,......the only thing I could ever imagine doing it would be the devil! If you had the power to doall this and plan it out, it would be so much better than it is!
  • Options
    I wasnt really suggesting that there is a plan as such, or that anything planned out the future. I was just suggesting that something started a chain reaction and from there, well it just keeps going of its own accord.
  • Options
    I see...said the blind man