Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,614 Legendary Poster
    Ariana Grande - One Last Time.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    I need cheering up and this is just the ticket! :heart:
  • Options
    EstherEsther Deactivated Posts: 31 Boards Initiate
    What is everyone's opinion on the UK number single Perfect Duet by Ed Sheeran ft Beyonce
  • Options
    Esther wrote: »
    What is everyone's opinion on the UK number single Perfect Duet by Ed Sheeran ft Beyonce

Their song was pleasant enough and though the lyrics were good and harmonies quite lovely, I feel there was something missing. Beyonce were performing well, but she didn't seem to want to fully involve her singing with Ed Sheeran.
  • Options
    I so want this piano! :cool:
  • Options
    Estas Tonne at Vilnius 2013 playing with the Fire treet theatre.
  • Options
    Alan morris ft. Jess morgan - Made of light (Radio edit)
  • Options
    EstherEsther Deactivated Posts: 31 Boards Initiate
    Mirabelle wrote: »
    I so want this piano! :cool:
    This piano looks fantastic
  • Options
    This piano looks fantastic

Indeed, and this piano got the red dot design award. Its starting price was £8,000 / €9,118 also a Jordan Rudess signature edition being offered by Kickstarter in the region of £8,500 last year. However, Kickstarter's funding only received 12 backers so was unsuccessful, but they seem to have got underway judging by http://www.alpha-pianos.com/mpiano-features/ hiring them out. At naughty prices!.

My girl Jules got a Seaboard Grand (+software) and a Boss Loop RC-505 to compose our band's music, whereas just for fun I started playing around with a Seaboard Block. Take a look at this!
    Sadly, I don't much time playing it since starting a new course on history. Oh, well! :rolleyes:

Edit - do you play piano?
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,305 Part of The Furniture

On the Nature of Daylight by Max Richter. One of the most delicious songs I've found semi-recently. Such a beautifully melancholy but warm feel. :heart:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster

I like it! Another successful collaboration by Ed Sheeran - it's a nice song!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
  • Options
    Perfect night time chill: Kenny G with Toni Braxton - That Somebody Was You

The Moment

Havana
  • Options
    Jules orchestrated this version of Kirsty Hawkshaw's Insight on our Avid Venue S6L system - it's quite a beast of a control surface! :eek:
    In a fortnight's time I'll be singing at our next concert, and also at Madrid and Barcelona. This morning we recorded it (among several others) during which I found it quite exhausting. Insight is a super track though, highly emotive and well worth sharing.

(From 1:45)
  • Options
    A prevalent part of my culture, the Jeely Piece Song:

https://youtu.be/8A7SAPmcwXA
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    In my family's vast collection of music is a rare vinyl album by Tori Amos called Scarlet's Walk, and these last few days I've been absolutely loving this album. Each song takes me on a journey. It feels like I'm travelling with her. It's the atmosphere of Scarlet that makes me feel I'm on a road trip. I see landscapes, I see many things in frint of me, and I love that feeling.

And one in particular, A Sorta Fairytale.

• Options
    Another track for my concert: the very lovely Christina - All Gone

...and Bobina's Winter with that lovely paino..

• Options
    Bit of Daughter:

'om nom nom. :heart:
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Mike wrote: »
    Bit of Daughter:

'om nom nom. :heart:

i like 'daughter' too
    Especially candles & youth.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Another for our St Valentine's concert: Richard Durand & Fisher - In Your Hands (Full Vocal Mix)
  • Options
    Hahahahaa this just cracked me up! :d
  • Options
    Rhys - Last Dance!
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
  • Options
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Reminds me of; London Grammar or Daughter

Oh this is tasty! I can definitely feel the London Grammar/Daughter resemblance. I shall need to do some investigating.

One of my favourites by Daughter is her cover of Daft Punk's Get Lucky:

She also did this amazing mash up of Bon Iver and Hot Chip:

I'll stop obsessing now. ;)
  • Options
  • Options
    Mike wrote: »

Oh this is tasty! I can definitely feel the London Grammar/Daughter resemblance. I shall need to do some investigating.

One of my favourites by Daughter is her cover of Daft Punk's Get Lucky:

She also did this amazing mash up of Bon Iver and Hot Chip:

I'll stop obsessing now. ;)

O i like these!
    Very.. endearing. & i normally hate mash ups but really good
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Mirabelle wrote: »

Couldnt listen without picturing this from Inbetweeners https://youtu.be/eLOtFSSGodA