Home Work & Study It's Exam Time The Class of The Past
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Revision

AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
edited April 2021 in The Class of The Past
Hi there.
​I'll keep this short. Im struggling to revise Geography for my GCSE exam. I've tried doing papers and that's not working. Does anyone have any ways they use to revise geography.
Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
Post edited by Emma_ on

Comments

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Have you tried making notes and/or flashcards to use?
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hiya,

I'm not doing geography (maps aren't my thing) but I have a similar issue in that I just struggle to revise any subject be it maths Biology or anything! I agree with Jelly, notes and flashcards might help you!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @Abigail,

Geography can be a hard subject to revise for, but there's some great revision websites out there that might be helpful. For example, the BBC's GCSE Bitesize website have a great section on Geography here. There's also an online forum called thestudentroom where people often share advice and tips about exams. I've found a thread that specificly for GCSE Geography here. One of the tips I read was to make a list of all the case studies you need to learn and then checking the syllabus to make revision cards of the main details you need to remember.

Hope these are helpful, wishing you the best of luck with your Geography exam :yippe:

You can do it!

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Abigail,
    Hope you manage to find a way to revise, I remember when I did exams I used to be rubbish at it.

One way that most people say benefits them is to make flash cards, but using highlighters and different colours, this way you relate a colour to a certain piece of information.

I also agree with Aife, BBC bitesize is a great place to start.

Good luck with your exams!

Hiccup
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I did Geography for GCSE and yes it can be hard. What worked best for me would be using flash cards. Instead of looking and reading the whole book try to write down the important information, like key words and the meaning.
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Well im so happy that i have finished geography and i msy not of passed but i will not of failed
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.