Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

weather bringing country to a standstill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
trains are being cancelled because there are worries that the tracks will buckle in the heat. How stupid is that?? It's not as if it's extreme heat - ok so it's very hot for the UK but compared to other countries whose railway lines seem to cope ok!

This always makes me laugh in this country when it snows like 2 inches and the whole country can't cope. And now it's happening in the summer too.

Why can't we cope with the weather?

Comments

• Options
    Re: weather bringing country to a standstill
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    trains are being cancelled because there are worries that the tracks will buckle in the heat. How stupid is that?? It's not as if it's extreme heat - ok so it's very hot for the UK but compared to other countries whose railway lines seem to cope ok!

This always makes me laugh in this country when it snows like 2 inches and the whole country can't cope. And now it's happening in the summer too.

Because we're shit.
  • Options
    We can't cope with anything...but that railway decision is stupid but anyway better to be safe than sorry.
  • Options
    Re: weather bringing country to a standstill
    Originally posted by KoolCat

the trains can't cope with ANYTHING.

no trains - too hot.
    no trains - too cold.
    no trains - it's raining but it's the WRONG KIND of rain. :eek2:
    no trains - it's windy.
    no trains - it's autumn and there are leaves on the line.
    no trains - too sunny and the glare will stop the drivers being able to see. (um, sunglasses?)

even if you get on a train on a mild day with no sun, no wind, no rain, and no leaves, they can't be on time and derail randomly, so what hope is there?
  • Options
    My friends took two different lots of trains yesterday -

One three hour journey took five hours.
    One four hour journey took ten hours.

Crapness.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: weather bringing country to a standstill
    Originally posted by BritJames
    You forgot the classic:

no trains - we're on strike