Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

slf harming ...i need some info.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
spent the weeked with some very talented people ...one of them being a nephew of mine ...he is highly inteligent and talented ...he is a eriously beautifol person but ...he's cutting.
educate me about it pleaseee.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what do you want to know about it?
    Originally posted by my_name
    what do you want to know about it?
    why.
    lots of different reasons... i'm pretty sure theres alot of stuff on it in the health part... its different for everybody.
    oh man that is really sad!!i kno this isnt really self harm but used to bite my nails till the bled then it felt good that it was hurting !!it makes u feel good to feel pain but really its not!!but now ive just recently started to grow my nails and damn ir feels good :p
    and im sorry to hear
    xx
    Laura
    people do it for that many different reasons I couldnt begin to tell you. Youd have to ask him yourself and take it from there. Its the only way unless you know that somethings getting to him enough to make him want to do that. People i know cut other peoples names into their arms so it will scar. People i know cut their arms because their mom is in prison and theyre worried.

Im not saying that its either of these, im saying that your really lookin for a fart in a jacuzzi tryin to work it out without asking first. Hope all ends well.
    Being sorta teenage aged, emotions are incredibly strong and overpowering. If upset about something, a teenager can cry hysterically for hours. Cutting provides an adrenaline rush, that can stop the crying.

Almost all the reasons I can think of stem from... well, depression of sorts. Another reason is to see blood. They like to punish themselves, and enjoy watching themselves bleed.

They're only going to stop if they want to, it's got to come from them, rather than someone else.

Another thing could be for attention seeking. (I'm not suggesting that your nephew is attention seeking, I'm just telling it like it is.) Some people cut almost entirely to get attention from other people. Or to cry out to others that they are depressed and feel they need help.

More extremely, cutting scars could be caused by attempts at suicide.

Hope that helped. PM or email me if ya like - deliriouscow@hotmail.com
    rolly - there's a thread called 'self harm' on the health boards explaining why different people do it.

might make useful reading.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    rolly - there's a thread called 'self harm' on the health boards explaining why different people do it.

might make useful reading.

Here's the link
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Here's the link
    thanks everyone ...and thanks for the link, hadn't noticed or done a search as i was a bit pissed at the time of posting. thanks again.
    In the main part of TheSite theres a whole section on Mental Health, and self-harm and the reasons for doing it. Have a gander, its in the "specials" section.
    Oh and PM me if you want to know anything you cant find on here- all the stuff Im gonna post in public Ive written in an article on here, but privates different innit?
    Re: slf harming ...i need some info.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    spent the weeked with some very talented people ...one of them being a nephew of mine ...he is highly inteligent and talented ...he is a eriously beautifol person but ...he's cutting.
    educate me about it pleaseee.

Visit here for loads of info on depression and self harm.
    :)
    thanks everyone ...i'm learning hopefuly ...thanks for the pm's everyone ...will get back to you all soon.
    why is there only this one page?
    why is there only this one page?

Prob because i didnt post in it lol
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Prob because i didnt post in it lol
    no i mean where are all the threads from last week ...last month? i can only get one page of threads in the health forum.
    no i mean where are all the threads from last week ...last month? i can only get one page of threads in the health forum.
    sorted ...i had the settings wrong for how many days etc ...