Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

lonly

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Lonly laid in bed anyone up for talking

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hi. Iam also new to this. How are you doing and want to tell us aboit yourself?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Woke up feeling a bit crappy now. well im 22 living in north yorkshire with my parents. I suffer from anxiety depression and panic attacks. I work in a factory making car parts which I hate so hoping to find a new job really soon. I think my life's pretty boring
  • Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hey swifty welcome to the boards. I'm sure you'll find people to chat to here - feel free to start threads in other sections of the forum if you want to talk about anything specific :) there are lots of users here who have experienced similar things so I hope they will help you feel less lonely.
  • DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
    Hi Swifty,

how are you this evening?
    Not doing too bad thanks how are you doing
    Am alright thanks, fighting through the minutes ;), got to tell these urges who's boss, I was just on the hunt for my phone there, thought I'ed lost it, save to say had a little panic, but it was in the car all along, so it's all good, :yes: u got any plans for tonight?
    Not really any plans just reading through my Pennal documents and a shower. What about you. Got any plans for tonight. Do you mind me asking about the urges
  • 01ixia01ixia Posts: 1 Just got here
    hi, i have literally just registered, my names Olivia and im 18. if anyone wants to chat message me ^.^
    swifty wrote: »
    Not really any plans just reading through my Pennal documents and a shower. What about you. Got any plans for tonight. Do you mind me asking about the urges

I went to the hand made burger company for dinner (got the goats cheese and viggie stack ) and also went to the cinema to see assassins creed with my dad and a friend, was a good night, no problem what do u want to know about them?
    01ixia wrote: »
    hi, i have literally just registered, my names Olivia and im 18. if anyone wants to chat message me ^.^

Hi, welcome to the forums, am also 18 but 19 in a couple days, hope ur getting on alright
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hey Olivia

Welcome.

I'm Steph and I'm 21😊
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl

Hi, welcome to the forums, am also 18 but 19 in a couple days, hope ur getting on alright

Happy birthday for in a couple of days😊
    Thank you Steph :d

I went to the hand made burger company for dinner (got the goats cheese and viggie stack ) and also went to the cinema to see assassins creed with my dad and a friend, was a good night, no problem what do u want to know about them?
    Just anything that your happy to tell me. Sounds like you had a good day then
    Ok, I don't know if any of this is inappropriate to say so just want to mention that I don't mean to offend anyone or trigger anyone so please do not read if you think you might be.

Well, they can happen whenever, sometimes they just pop up, other times it can be coursed by something and it's a way to bring me back down to earth, instead of being all emotional, it's mostly a focus point that helps me to concentrate and get over things. The urge it's self wraps around my wrist and down my arms and if I keep ignoring it, it just screams at me and gets stronger, it's all I can think about and it sends me crazy, I actually feel like am going out of my mind, to try to stop this I try to write, paint, sleep, shower, sit with people, listen to music, (most of the time none of this works) for me I just find that you have to wait it out.

I started when I was younger due to family things

Hope this helps someone :)
    Ok, I don't know if any of this is inappropriate to say so just want to mention that I don't mean to offend anyone or trigger anyone so please do not read if you think you might be.

Well, they can happen whenever, sometimes they just pop up, other times it can be coursed by something and it's a way to bring me back down to earth, instead of being all emotional, it's mostly a focus point that helps me to concentrate and get over things. The urge it's self wraps around my wrist and down my arms and if I keep ignoring it, it just screams at me and gets stronger, it's all I can think about and it sends me crazy, I actually feel like am going out of my mind, to try to stop this I try to write, paint, sleep, shower, sit with people, listen to music, (most of the time none of this works) for me I just find that you have to wait it out.

I started when I was younger due to family things

Hope this helps someone :)

Hi sorry to hear thay you feel like that. Unfortuantly a lot of us can relate to this. I cant completly relate myself but Some have their different ways of coping that is still harmful. I hope you have help for feeling like this. Because it is horrible and you shouldnt have to cope with those, what sounds like very strong emotions, alone. But its nice to hear that you find ways of coping til it passes. There are lots of different help out there😊
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Thank you, it is really appreciated :) but am really alright, it wasn't meant for a sympathy post I just posted it cos swifty was asking and I hoped that if anyone else felt like this, then they wouldn't think there alone, it's mostly a waiting game for me, and it's like the lottery if I win
    Aaying how you feel isnt for sympathy. It can really help. If the urges get to strong we are always here to listen. And i hope your always winning.❤
    That means a lot Shaunie, thank you *hug*
    Hi vitellina how you doing
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hey everyone, as this thread is located in the welcome/introduce yourself section I'm going to close it now but feel free to keep talking in the other sections of the boards perhaps start a new thread in Anything Goes for example :thumb:
This discussion has been closed.