Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I'm going to Thailand tomorrow!!!!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am sooooooooo excited!!! Anyone been, any advice on where I should go? only two weeks there, going with a friend, she spent a year there so knows a lot more than me, but would be cool to suggest some places worth seeing!

Comments

• Options
    cough travel forum cough
  • Options
    cough noone goes there, need some advice tonight cough
  • Options
    i do! but i've never been so can't help i'm afraid.

go to www.lonelyplanet.com
  • Options
    Yeah have checked that, and have the guide book here, just wondered if anyone here had any tips on whats really worth seeing. Any advice in general would be good too :)
  • Options
    Have a good time :)

Never been so cant suggest any cool places, but ShyBoys been, maybe he'll have some ideas.
  • Options
    wow that was weird, i thought it was shyboy cos hes called rich and thailand on holidays..... *cue psycho music* (jokes) anyways, i can only offer you hairdresser advice 'Ohh its sposed to be lovverly there, ive always wanted to go....'
  • Options
    i'll be there in 5 weeks time for a week on route to melbourne for the year, and i cant wait:hyper:

ahhhh sunny days:cool: :cool:
  • Options
    massages. loads of em. are great :)

erm, go boating if u can cos like, its fab. the food in thailand is out of this world so eat as much as you can at the poshest restaurants cos its all so hceap. i recommend the seabass in sweet chilli sauce. you know paperBprincess when I saw this I thought it was me too :confused:

if you get stuck for ideas go to the local travel agents (there ARE loads of them) because they seem to be set up for the sole purpose of tourists lol. you can go to things like elephants treks, simon caberet, fantasea (which is great :)), quadbiking and loads and loads of things like that.

oh and dont forget to take mozzy spray even tho i didnt get bit once. :D oh and some waterproofs - tis the rainy season lol very wet :) and there's that hurricane as well dunno what thats doing atm...

be prepared to haggle for ANYTHING you buy (except like, mcdonalds cos thatd just be silly) and dont drink the water - get bottled water. unless you like cholera :)

dont say you're from london when they ask you cos like, london has one of the highest living expenses in the world so they'll charge you more. say somewhere like, a rural indian village :D

hope you have a good time mate i doubt you'll run out of things to do.

oh yea! don't forget to go a buddhist temple and buy some firecrackers and give them to the man next to the big over type thingy...