Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Possibly handing myself in to Crisis Team or A & E tomorrow - petrified- advice?

apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
My other thread explains all, I'm serious about suicide tomorrow and see no other option. Despite that, I am actually considering handing myself in as suicidal tomorrow, as I don't feel I can keep safe but kinda doing it more for the benefit of people around me. I still want to die, I just feel this is my only option or I will do something tomorrow.

I'm not really sure where to start with tomorrow-

I could phone the crisis team but they have been unhelpful, and just say eg. Go for a walk and don't understand how serious I am. I don't know (obviously if im still sure about suicide tomorrow) if I should phone them first or just go to A &E .

I probably would have just got emergency doctors appointment but it's a public holiday here tomorrow, and my GP surgery is definitely closed (it even says on their website). In theory I should probably phone crisis team but I don't think they would help so I dunno if to just go straight to A & E or not, what do you guys think?

Also if I do end up in a and e tomorrow, any advice? I'm petrified and I don't actually want to go, I'd rather end it all but I was feeling a bit guilty about people finding me and stuff so doing it for that reason. Otherwise if I don't I'm sure I will attempt it

Comments

• apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    I told my closest friend, she is coming to a and e with me tomorrow
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey apandav,

I'm so sorry to hear about how you've been feeling lately. It sounds like you feel as though you've run out of options and reached the end of your tether. I'm so glad that you have felt able to post on here though, and you're being extremely brave in opening up about your thoughts and feelings - I do hope it's helped for you to release some of it, even if it's just a little?

It's been really concerning to read about your plans which you posted about in your other thread. You're a great member of our community on here and we feel sad to see you struggling so much. All of us on here do really care about you, we are here for you and we all want for you to feel safe.

You're doing extremely well in thinking about your options for crisis support. Whilst I hear that you aren't finding some of your options very helpful, it's so important that you continue reaching out for as long as you need to. Really good to hear that you've told your friend, and decided to go to A&E together. It's okay to feel scared; but the main thing is that you are taking the right steps to look out for yourself :yes: In the meantime, do remember that Samaritans and Papyrus are around, even if you just need a distraction, and don't hesitate to contact 999 if you feel you are in immediate danger.

I truly believe that you can get through this; we're all rooting for you :heart:

Sending big hugs and support your way - keep talking to us *hug**hug*
  • NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi apandav, so sorry to hear you're going through such a struggle, and think it is incredibly brave of you to seek crisis support. Hope your a&e visit was of some help - how did it go? Did you manage to talk more to your friend about your feelings? Even if it did not work out as well as hoped, do keep taking the steps to look out for yourself [to echo raich's sentiments :angel:] Even if it's just sharing on these boards :yes:. Again, if you are feeling in any serious danger, Samaritans and Papyrus are always available, and 999 if immediate.

I too honestly believe you can get through this, and sending you lots of hugs and comfort. *hug*

Keep talking to us, we are here. *hug*