Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feeling lonely

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
I am 17 years old and have recently been feeling very lonely.
I used to have a job which i loved and there was one co-worker who i adored and i told him everything. He was always there to listen when i needed him.
I now have a different job, i see my friend sometimes but not everyday like i used to. I feel alone and like i have no one to talk to.
I have spent the last few days crying all the time and i even have some bad thoughts, which i have recieved help for in the past but they keep coming back.
I am hoping that someone may know how i am feeling or maybe have some advice as to what i could do to feel better, i really can't see any good things in life at the moment and i have no energy to do normal everyday things.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hey 👋 x
  • Options
    Hey,
    I just dont know what to do anymore. I just feel like the only option is killing myself and nothing is really changing my mind anymore.
    I hope you are ok xx
  • Options
    I don't want you killing yourself xx
  • Options
    NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi Bridge-Girl, :wave: It's great that you've reached on here for some support, and sorry to hear that you have been feeling this way. It is natural to feel different when life changes so quickly, but everything does get better.

As you said that you could tell your friend everything, and you do not spend as much time because of your new job - maybe you could find ways outside work to reconnect? Putting aside some time in the evening to talk on the phone with him might help? Or you could both take up a new hobby at the weekends?

We do have some information here : I'm lonely and how can I stop feeling lonely.

Not sure if others have had similar experiences but we are all here to listen if you need to talk.

Sending hugs *hug*
  • Options
    You okay huni?

Do you have family/friends that you can talk to? What's your relationship like with them?xx
  • Options
    Yeah i am feeling a bit better, thank you. Yeah i get on well with them and i know i can talk to them, i just dont want to worry them xxx
  • Options
    I'm glad you get on well with them and know you can talk to them. I'm always around xx
  • Options
    Thank you so much, same to you xx
  • Options
    louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Hey bridge girl
    Sorry to hear things have been so hard for you :( feeling alone can be one of the toughest things. How are you feeling this morning?

Louisa X
  • Options
    I am feeling a little better, i have got into a nice routine with college now. But i know that the good times come and go.
    Thank you for your support xxx
  • Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hey Bridge-girl, that's great to hear :) you know where we are if you need to talk more x
  • Options
    I am feeling a little better, i have got into a nice routine with college now. But i know that the good times come and go.
    Thank you for your support xxx

How you getting on huni? What you studying at college?xxx
  • Options
    I study media production which is so interesting. The problem is, i have just got worse and worse recently.

Going to college used to take my mind off of things but now the feelings are just over powering everything. It used to just be at night when i was on my own but now its all day everyday. I could be laughing with my friends and then the next minute be thinking about how i can end my life.

I dont want attention, and im not used to feeling vulnerable. I am usually the person that is strong and everyone talks to me about their problems. I just cant see any point in living anymore and its getting harder to handle every minuite.

I hope everyone else is ok xxx
  • Options
    Hey, how are you doing?

I'm in q fairly similar position to you right now, I also feel the only way is killing myself, although I will admit there's other factors. I actually have been very inactive on here recently due to how I feel. I believe I can relate on some level, I have absolutely nobody to talk to right now, I'm also lonely. You seem like a nice person, maybe you should try making some friends on here? Obviously we aren't there in real life, but we are there for you whenever you need us. I'd happily be friends with you! You should drop me a message sometime :)