Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm having trouble with my mental health.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since around the age of 11 I've been wondering if there is something 'different' about me. I'm currently 15 and a few weeks from 16. I used to think I have anxiety but I don't suffer from most of the symptoms that both the internet display and people I know with anxiety legitimately suffer from.

I go through strange phases of emotions that range from happy and excited Without a reason) they can cause me to do irrational things that normally wouldn't affect me.

I self harm (usually at night) without ANY reason at all

I feel like I'm left out all the time by everybody around my other siblings seem to be treated better by my parents who also seem to spend more money/attention to their needs.

If people annoy me in school I lash out and because of this I've earned myself a title of 'Psycho' I still have friends but most people seem to keep away from me, this doesn't bother me as much as I don't like most people in my school. Teachers also seem to ease up on punishment towards me but I don't take advantage of this.

Sometimes I want to talk to everybody and be an over-all social person and other times I want to ignore everybody and just be alone.

I also seem to hear voices just before I go to sleep, I know I'm not asleep at the time because there has been a time when I was watching a video on my phone but just before I fell asleep and I heard a voice yelling the name of a girl in my school. I have no relation to her I just know of her. The video continued playing and I knew exactly what happened. It also happens just before I go to sleep.

Basically my symptoms are:

Restlessness

Unable to sleep properly or in a pattern

Short temper

hearing aggressive voices seconds before sleep and seconds after waking up

Trouble concentrating for a long period of time

Grow bored easily

Trouble relaxing

constant anxiety.

Constantly feeling out of place and different from everybody

I'm unsure of what is wrong with me but there is DEFINITELY something.

Please if you have ideas just let me know.

Comments

• Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hi Microhard16, welcome to the boards :wave:

Sorry to hear your having a tough time *hug*

Unfortunately we can't diagnose on here, but it definitely sounds like your struggling with your mental health. I would advise that you speak to your doctor, as only they are trained to give diagnosis. I'm assuming you haven't discussed this with a doctor, how would you feel about telling them what you have told us here?

Feel free to keep posting if you wish!
  • Options
    Hey apandav, thanks for the reply. I don't want to tell a doctor as I fear they will call me a 'Hypocondriac' the same goes for my family.
  • Options
    Hey @Microhard16, welcome to the boards :wave:

Well done for posting - how do you feel after doing so? As apandav mentioned - we can't diagnose anything on here, but you're more than welcome to talk about anything on here and we're all here to support you :yes:

I'm sorry you're going through all this at the moment, it sounds really difficult but it's great that you've reached out for some support. Taking the step to speak to a health professional about mental health isn't always easy, and it's natural to feel nervous or scared and loads of other feelings! Talking to someone you trust first though could help you to feel a bit more comfortable talking about it later on. We have some info here on talking about your mental health.

We're here for you *hug*
  • Options
    I've been experiencing this the age of 11. I'm not asking for a complete diagnosis just an idea of where I'd fit into a disorder?
  • Options
    NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hey Microhard16, how are you getting on? Have you managed to talk to someone about who you've been feeling?

Keep posting your thoughts here if it helps. :)
  • Options
    Recently I've had a relapse. I keep having the urge to cut, the slightest little thing will set me off and I'm unsure of what to do. I feel like I'm in an endless circle of just going through times when I want to cut and when I don't.
  • Options
    I've tried most of these distractions but they dont seem to work. It just makes me frustrated.
  • Options
    Hey Microhard16,

I'm sorry to hear you've relapsed recently, seems like you're really struggling at the moment :( Feel free to talk to us about anything that's been going on if you'd like to, we're here to try to help you as best as we can :)

Are you currently getting any form of support at the moment? Although the distractions don't seem to work for you, it's great that you have taken steps to try some of these as it shows that you are trying to help yourself, and that takes courage :yes: Is there anything at all that has helped you in the past? Mind has a lot of info here if you'd like to take a look.

Keep talking to us if it helps *hug*
  • Options
    No NOBODY know about anything of these things i've listed in the OP I'm worried they'll think I'm lying
  • Options
    NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi Microhard16, so sorry to hear you had a relapse, and that you're going through a tough time. As you said, the distractions Jess101 suggested just left you frustrated, are other safe techniques you've used that helped in the past [as raich suggested] ? Here's info on relapsing that you might find helpful or have a look at SelfHarmUK for further support and information.

Keep talking to us, especially if it helps to distract. :)
  • Options
    I've never used any other technique in the past. I just feel a little bit better when i self harm but then after I do it I feel bad for doing it.