Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

what's wrong with germans???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm half german, and i hear people every now and again saying that they don't like germans...(they're quite often football hooligany types-but im not generalising or anything!)

i used to go to a german school in london and most people i knew from there had been verbally abused at least once just because they were talking german on the bus or something ('you fucking nazis' bla bla bla......)

i even know people who have been beaten up for being german!!
and sometimes when i mention to people i meet that i'm half german the first thing they say is 'nazi!'.....they say it in a jokey way and i know they don't mean it in a harmful way, and it doesn't upset me really, it just goes over my head because the problem lies with ignorant people but it does piss me off after a while as as well all know the nazis were responsible for some pretty awful stuff-and even if people say it jokily it's not something to make jokes about.

does anyone have anything to add to this? i dont really know why i started this thread, just thought i'd se what people thought, i guess.

Comments

• Options
    Re: what's wrong with germans???

i hate it how people take this piss about what nationality you are expecerlly german. i know some1 german and he has been called nazi scum firstly how is he a nazi because he didnt start world war 2 and so what its in the past nothing they could do, i heard many ppl being taken piss bc there nationality but i have to admit germans get it by far the worst
  • Options
    a lot of people in the world are ignorant. :yes:

it's true that germany doesn't have a very good track record for starting wars and suchlike, but then again, neither does the US.

fact is, it was radical government who started the wars. not everyday german people. i don't think people get this.

but hey, hello, i'm half polish. my ancestors lived next door to yours.

*holds out hand*
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

but hey, hello, i'm half polish. my ancestors lived next door to yours.

*holds out hand*

Dziendobre! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Dziendobre! :p

hello, hello.

i'd reply, but my very very basic grasp of polish is purely verbal, and i wouldn't have the slightest clue how to spell it :)

apart from: dobranoc.

:D
  • Options
    I know like 5 words, or so.

Hello, thanks, yes, no and kurwa :D
  • Options
    kurwa :D

is that rude?

my grandma taught me, so i don't know anything even remotely rude or blasphemous :p

i can do most foods, some items of clothing, hello, bye, good night, thank you, excuse me, members of family, some prayers, one hymn, 'shut your cakehole', a little, big, old, hurry up, shut up.... stuff like that.

i can't hold a conversation, but i can usually tell what people are saying about me.
  • Options
    Yes, it is :p

I understood when smaller, and reacted to it. But then had problems with my ears, and the doctor told my parents to cut down on a language, as I was hearing 4 at the time. So Polish it was which got left out.
  • Options

I understood when smaller, and reacted to it. But then had problems with my ears, and the doctor told my parents to cut down on a language, as I was hearing 4 at the time. So Polish it was which got left out.

it's hardly a useful language. outside of poland, of course.

hey, we totally hijacked the thread... :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by rosi
    i'm half german, and i hear people every now and again saying that they don't like germans...(they're quite often football hooligany types-but im not generalising or anything!)

i used to go to a german school in london and most people i knew from there had been verbally abused at least once just because they were talking german on the bus or something ('you fucking nazis' bla bla bla......)

i even know people who have been beaten up for being german!!
    and sometimes when i mention to people i meet that i'm half german the first thing they say is 'nazi!'.....they say it in a jokey way and i know they don't mean it in a harmful way, and it doesn't upset me really, it just goes over my head because the problem lies with ignorant people but it does piss me off after a while as as well all know the nazis were responsible for some pretty awful stuff-and even if people say it jokily it's not something to make jokes about.

does anyone have anything to add to this? i dont really know why i started this thread, just thought i'd se what people thought, i guess.
    lets forget political correeectness ssness for a start. the germans ...caused fucking havoc in europe in the 20th century. the first world war in 1914 all becuase a student shot some guy?
    then there was world domination two in the thirties resulting in the world war two! hey once forgiven for given for fucking recking the place ... but if you were at one of my parties and you did it a second time you would NEVER... get invited again.
    the german people have been extremely arogant and destructive ...and fucking scary!
    we still talk about atilla the hun!
    how do you expecty people to react? these things are not forgotten easily ...i hope.
    get real ...you fucked up twice on a seriously grand scale ....were scared shitless you might want another go at it!
    realy ...
  • Options
    Re: Re: what's wrong with germans???

If i remember rightly arnt the english royal family part german or summit?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: what's wrong with germans???
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    If i remember rightly arnt the english royal family part german or summit?
    theres anothrer fucing reason not to trust them then.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: what's wrong with germans???
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    theres anothrer fucing reason not to trust them then.

What wrong with the english royal family just coz they have all our fucking money and make england look like a shitty country and spend millions on useless jewls what we dont need nowt wrong with that

*oh if you could just hear the sarcasum in my voice*

PLUS THERE THE ENgLISH ROYAL FAMILY ARE GERMAN

Although i like germans isnt that a little wrong??
  • Options
    i like germans particularly. i prefer them to americans anyday. germans are like, clean and proper about stuff, which is good. neatness. americans are plah.

i do take the piss out of my mate and hes french. muahahaa. yea WW1 and WW2 are the main reason most people are angry at the germans but i can actually see that a 15-ish old (my friends) german isn't exactly going to be the main culprit behind them.

And hey, even if I met Hitler I wouldn't put him in jail and throw the key away. Would probably ask why he did it all. I'm more of the getting answers than the punishing type. So sue me.

I :heart: Germans they're cool :D
  • Options
  • Options
    lets forget political correeectness ssness for a start. the germans ...caused fucking havoc in europe in the 20th century. the first world war in 1914 all becuase a student shot some guy?
    then there was world domination two in the thirties resulting in the world war two! hey once forgiven for given for fucking recking the place ... but if you were at one of my parties and you did it a second time you would NEVER... get invited again.
    the german people have been extremely arogant and destructive ...and fucking scary!
    how do you expecty people to react? these things are not forgotten easily ...i hope.
    get real ...you fucked up twice on a seriously grand scale ....were scared shitless you might want another go at it!
    realy ...

First of all, she wasn't fucking alive under WW2. Secondly how the fuck do you know how her grandparents reacted under WW2? Maybe they were in the opposition?

Fucking stupid, and while you're at it, you're dragging the mindless flock along with you. Way to go.

Shyboy, would you also give him a cup of coco?
  • Options
    Nothing, my aunty lives in Germany, shes married to a German, it stems from the war, dunnit. Mind you, my aunty has to hide her accent in some parts of germany where they hate the english. So its a mutual thing too.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what's wrong with germans???
    What wrong with the english royal family just coz they have all our fucking money and make england look like a shitty country and spend millions on useless jewls what we dont need nowt wrong with that

*oh if you could just hear the sarcasum in my voice*

PLUS THERE THE ENgLISH ROYAL FAMILY ARE GERMAN

Although i like germans isnt that a little wrong??
    and their surname is made up cos they had a german surname, they feared they would be outed during the war.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Nothing, my aunty lives in Germany, shes married to a German, it stems from the war, dunnit. Mind you, my aunty has to hide her accent in some parts of germany where they hate the english. So its a mutual thing too.

Yeah but they got THE WHOLE WORLD hating them it is stupid they didnt choose to start WW2
  • Options
  • Options
    i hate it how people take this piss about what nationality you are expecerlly german. i know some1 german and he has been called nazi scum firstly how is he a nazi because he didnt start world war 2 and so what its in the past nothing they could do, i heard many ppl being taken piss bc there nationality but i have to admit germans get it by far the worst

1: quit with the obviousness already
    2: punctuation

of course he didnt start world war 2, of coruse he isnt a nazi. Its just word that wankers call Germans.

Theres always going to be people who take the piss and stereotype you because of your nationality. There will always be krauts, frogs and sheepshaggers as long as there are Germans, French and Welsh, and no, Germans dont have it the worst by far.

Some people, like me, dont paticularly care about either where you are from, or how much stick you get for being from there. To be honest, its usually the foreigner who attracts all the xenophobes by going on and on and on about their country, how great it is, and how these idiots take the piss out of it because they are jealous or whatever so you feel youve at least got to do something to shut them up :/

Xenophobia is as bad as you want it to be tbh
  • Options
    Having studied the Nazis and World War 2 in depth I can conclude that Germans and Nazis are not the same thing. I also know you cannot fully blame the Nazis for world war 2 and frankly no country has been angelic its all about the propoganda and people who call germans Nazis are usually unintelligent ignorant people who have no grasp of what world war 2 was about or the political situation surrounding it or even what a fascist government is!
  • Options
    It's good to know that everyone here aren't xenophobes, apart from rolly, but I guess he isn't of our generation. Or perhaps he was stoned at the time of posting.
  • Options
    Personally, I have nothing against Germans. They just have a bad reputation.

I am sure there are loads of Germans who are great ppl.

Why others call Germans "Nazis". I dont know coz Nazis were the name of the group that started the war.

And, Rude_Boyz. I am Scottish and as much as I see myself nothing to do with England,

WE ARE CLASSES AS BRITISH

And they are the BRITISH Royal Family.
  • Options
    realy ...

:banghead:
    excuse me, I did not 'fuck up twice on a seriously large scale'....don't you realise how stupid and ignorant this is making you sound??
    luckily most people are mature enough to realise that people are people and from every country there are good apples and bad apples--but unfortunately there are some narrow minded people like you around who choose to generalise a whole nation of people because of what happened decades ago!!

as i said before i went to a german school and like anyone else we learnt about hitler and the nazis, and everyone was horrified at what happened back then-- just because we're german doesn't mean we've got anything to do with all of that.

my german grandfather fought in the war, and it has had a bad effect on him-obviously he feels realy guilty and he used to be quite temperamental because he has to live with what he did. he is most certainly not a nazi, its just something that happened at the time and he is having to live with it for the rest of his life.

ps: sorry for starting this thread in the wrong forum :O
  • Options
    It is Anything Goes dear, so Anything goes.:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    It is Anything Goes dear, so Anything goes.:p

hehe. ;)
  • Options
    *Kneels and Prays*

Amen to that Mutha Fucka
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: what's wrong with germans???
    :banghead:
    excuse me, I did not 'fuck up twice on a seriously large scale'....don't you realise how stupid and ignorant this is making you sound??
    luckily most people are mature enough to realise that people are people and from every country there are good apples and bad apples--but unfortunately there are some narrow minded people like you around who choose to generalise a whole nation of people because of what happened decades ago!!

as i said before i went to a german school and like anyone else we learnt about hitler and the nazis, and everyone was horrified at what happened back then-- just because we're german doesn't mean we've got anything to do with all of that.

my german grandfather fought in the war, and it has had a bad effect on him-obviously he feels realy guilty and he used to be quite temperamental because he has to live with what he did. he is most certainly not a nazi, its just something that happened at the time and he is having to live with it for the rest of his life.

ps: sorry for starting this thread in the wrong forum :O
    ha ha lad di fucking da ...you wanted to know why people feel the way they do toward germans so i told you. i personaly have no problems with any race or nationality. but you did ask why a lot of people ...and in my opinion thats why ok!

the bit i find funny about hitler was he was a dark eyed dark haired fucking dwarf and yet there he was telling the world all about tall blue eyed people ruling the world ...didn't anyone notice at the time?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames

wake up early, put ya towel down, go for breakfast and forget about the Germans ffs.

and thats just a laugh aint it, the worst ones to get up and put their towels out are the brits. Ive seen them do it....yes WE are the worst ones for that :lol:
  • Options

I was born in Germany, and lived there for 9 years on and off. I get that all the time. Never mind ive got British nationality :rolleyes: