Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New post

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi All

Am 25 years old, never had any issues in previous years but all of a sudden out of the blue last year I had a panic attack and since then everything went downhill. Am now having counselling sessions and on anti depressants which have both worked out positively but still have some really bad days. Hence how I have ended up here!

Relationship problems with the mother of my little boy I think initiated it all. As well as the pressures of being a father/trying to achieve something my dad couldn't.

My little boy seems to be the main thing that makes me happy but not being able to be 'myself' is killing me when wanting to spend time with him etc. I have a great job, great prospects etc, just not enjoying life how it should be I don't think. So just looking/accessing this for some support but I hope also to give others hope as my situation has improved dramatically over the last 3 months. I have been diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder and Depression but as mentioned this has improved drastically recently, but not 100% so hope to give and receive some good tips from everyone on this forum.

All the best

Matt

Comments

• Options
    StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi Matt, :wave:

Welcome to The Mix boards, sorry to hear that things have been going downhill for you recently, sounds really tough. It's positive to hear that you're getting some help and support already. It's good that you found us here, feel free to post your own thread in the relevant sections of the discussion boards about anything you wanna talk more about. :thumb:

(I've moved your post to the Health and Wellbeing section as you might get more responses here too)

Thanks for sharing a bit about what's been going on for you and your situation, sounds like it's been hard for you with the problems with the mother of your little boy. It's great to here that you'd also like to support others too and that your situation has improved over the last 3 months too, that's good to hear! We're all here to listen and support each other here :yes:

Look forward to chatting with you more! :)