Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Anyone like to write stuff?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www28.brinkster.com/concreteangel/sk8/

If anyone wants to contibute let me know....drop me a line - either via the email address at the site. (Site will be linked to "real" .co.uk address pretty soon!)

Won't be back for a few days so won't receive any PMs until then.

Cheers, Bumble xx

Comments

• Options
    Hey all!

If you want to get somethign up, and Bumble's not here, catch me, and I'll put it up for you!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, and before anyone says it, I know this is "spam" but, meh, I've done it before, and in a way I am trying to get people involved in something nice.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skateside
    Hey all!

If you want to get somethign up, and Bumble's not here, catch me, and I'll put it up for you!
    Well, yeah, do that!

I trust you to weed out the weirdos!! :p

Mr Skateside here has very kindly helped me, so I bow down to him and his skills!
  • Options
    What kind of writing do you want?
    Articles? Short stories? Diarys?

I'd maybe be interested, if I got a little more details :)
  • Options
    i'd love to, but last time i put any of my writing up on the net, i found out some cheeky fucker has stolen it and passed it off as their own.

if that wasn't bad enough, they entered a competition with it and won! :impissed:

my mate was looking at the competition results cause he's was a writer too, and he was all 'isn't that your poem?'

cheeky bastards.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i'd love to, but last time i put any of my writing up on the net, i found out some cheeky fucker has stolen it and passed it off as their own.

if that wasn't bad enough, they entered a competition with it and won! :impissed:

my mate was looking at the competition results cause he's was a writer too, and he was all 'isn't that your poem?'

cheeky bastards.

Did you complain?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Did you complain?

i didn't, no. i should have done, really, but i didn't think they would believe me.

i could have provided a link to the page, but there would be no way of telling i hadn't put the page up after the person had won the competition.
  • Options
    Would like to become a part of the site/page/whatever it might be, but afraid that it might get stolen by someone else like it had happened to kaffrin.

Really can't trust some people on the internet, but I am not saying that anyone that part of the site or managed the site would do that, but I'm just saying that if anyone, who is an asshole like that, would just come along and still one of my poems or something.
  • Options
    The writings are divided up into catagories:
    * Rants
    * Music and Film Reviews
    * Fiction and Poetry
    * Photography and Art
    Pretty much anything you write can be placed into one of these. We don't have a word limits or genre preferances, and we like different styles of writing, so don't please don't feel you have to write like others have already written.

Swiping things off the internet (eTheft) is a pain, and all around us. I could sit down and word a copyright notice if you want, but I really don't want to have to. It just seems a little cold to me. I do it on my own sites, but I'm hoping it's not needed on Concrete Angel. It makes it seem far too commercial if we have copyright notices.
    Putting anything anywhere comes with a certain risk. I guess if it happens, and we all bitch about it for long enough, we'll get our way!
  • Options
    Hey i pm someone bout this but would you accept or want some poetry the only thing is all but one is mainly about death so some of the content may disturb people because i known my mates to get diturbed
  • Options
    Swiping things off the internet (eTheft) is a pain, and all around us. I could sit down and word a copyright notice if you want, but I really don't want to have to. It just seems a little cold to me. I do it on my own sites, but I'm hoping it's not needed on Concrete Angel. It makes it seem far too commercial if we have copyright notices.

i may have just thought of a way to stop it though.

if you post your work to a site where your entry is times and dated, like thesite, or livejournal. then you would be able to prove your work was around on a certain date...

could work...
  • Options

if you post your work to a site where your entry is times and dated, like thesite, or livejournal. then you would be able to prove your work was around on a certain date...

could work...

yeah sounds good i have had my work stolen before and it annoys me so at the bottom of all my work i put the date N my name its alot easyer and i can prove it is orginal

:)
  • Options

could work...
    Yeah, that can work. ANother trick is to print it out and then post it to yourself, snail mail. That puts date stamps on it, and it positive proof in court. But that involves you posting it, and sending it to them when you've been got!

There's a little addition that puts the date stamp on webpages - I'll look into it.

And Rude_boyz - everything's welcome!
  • Options
    And Rude_boyz - everything's welcome!

Cool:) this woll be first time when i posted Personal poems but aslong as there time stamped ill post them:)
  • Options
    i LIKE POEMS, BUT SHORT STORIES i LOVE WRITING.

Soz for caps, just found out
  • Options
    OK, I've looked into webbots, but I haven't managed to find one that says when the page was created. However - I have found one that says when it was last edited. So, as long as you don't want things to be edited a lot (like when you submit it, it kinda stays that way) this should give you all a time stamp.

Check either of the short stories we've go up there so far to see what the time stamp looks like.
    http://www28.brinkster.com/concreteangel/sk8/sr_captive.htm
    http://www28.brinkster.com/concreteangel/sk8/sr_raindancing.htm

These can be found by going here:
    http://www28.brinkster.com/concreteangel/sk8/
    and then clicking on Fiction and Poetry
  • Options
    How would you like me to summit mystuf my e-mail or pm and how much do you want? i have about 12really persoanal one which i dont mind shareing and 35on my comp i do have a book i created of bout 150odd somewhere but i think it got ripped up (i am unsure)
  • Options
    um... e-mail's the best way, other wise my inbox with go on strike
    sk85ide@hotmail.com

As for how many... I'm not too sure how many we want, but I think 150 is a little high. How about you two favourites and at some other date you can submit more?
  • Options
    ok ill send my top 5-10 then u can pick the ones u like
  • Options
    ohhhh... that looks really cool :D

*looks for stuff to think about sending to simone*