Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Long Relationship sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my g/f have been together for like 8 months now!

When we first started going out, like first 3/4 months. we wud have sex NONE stop, we got ours selves names in college as we cudn't stop having sex!

well now, she's not as keen, never really in the mood, she says she just can't be bothered or sumthing along those lines.....

I can see why maybe,,, maybe because the novelty has worn off, but has this happened to anyone else..

other girl friends said this is pretty normal and they are the same!

Comments

• Options
    Talk to her more, try new things, spice things up

surprise her in the bedroom as well, maybe if you give her more cuddle and more kisses without it leading to sex!

Tease her with all over body touches, make her pulse race than stop so she has to carry it on. Brain biggest sex muscle (so find out what she likes and talk and build up on it)

Give her nude body massage with baby oil!

Um..... That's me done.:p
  • Options
    Tell her that's fine, you can deal with it, you can wait until she really wants you again.

That'll get rid of any worry she feels if you start kissing and touching her when you're alone together. If she understands that you don't want anything from her more than a kiss or two, then she'll probably feel much more relaxed.

Then she can just enjoy being touched and kissed without any extra pressure.

I know it sounds silly, but if she's not expecting anything more to happen, she'll maybe be more amenable to 'mild' sexual things and she'll start to feel turned on again.

I'm saying that because sometimes with my boyfriend, he'll want sex and I won't really, so as soon as he starts touching me I'll shy away. If he just reassures me he's not that bothered, I relax and kiss him back and usually feel more turned on because there's less pressure :)

So you can either take notice of that, or you can do what I just did when I re-read this and think 'what a load of crap! it doesn't even make sense!' ...in which case, listen to Harmless and whoever else replies :D
  • Options
    Ive heard about this stage. not got there myself yet. me and gf are at 5months and still at it lie fucking rabbits we got name at uni too and probably why we both failed the year. knida worth it though...:D
  • Options
    it neevr happens to me....i wish it would! what the fuck am i gonna be like at my prime stage??
  • Options
    oh oh ..honeymoon period is over :)
  • Options
    It happens, the thrill of a new partner wears off and you get into a pattern. Just be cuddly and kissy, not overtly sexual, and maybe shell get the spark back sometimes. Women can quite easily be persuaded sometimes :naughty:
  • Options
    well be sure of one thing IT HAPPENS!!! sometimes girls think that their bfs are beginning to love them for sex and thats wrong u'd be able to control urself let time pass wihtout anything sexual just let her feel ur love.
    in that way ur teasing her she will be turned on and want u and trust me she will be asking for making love next time.
    be urself and be ROMANTIC this is what we love (We=Girls)
    good luck
  • Options
    I'm in the 8th year of my relationship and it has never happened to me! ;)
  • Options
    well i think you should talk to her to see if anything is bothering her and u could also try spicing things up (i no some1 has already said this but i think this too)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kelly
    I'm in the 8th year of my relationship and it has never happened to me! ;)

heh. i was gonna say, 8 months is hardly long term.

what will it be like when you've been together for years?