Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

TheMix - confused by the age range?

apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Personally I am 19 so within the age range so this wont really affect me, but I am very confused to TheMix's target age group.

When it was TheSite/Youthnet I assumed it was up to and including 25 (I know Get Connected was under 25 (not including 25)) and now you have joined with the old GC to become TheMix - I assume it was changed to (for the old TheSite/Youthnet services) under 25, as your motto is "Essential support for under 25s".

However I recently saw a leaflet for TheMix and it said something along the lines of "whether your 13,16 or 25......". "25" confuses me as everywhere else it is mentioned as "under 25".

The box at the bottom of this page says "13-25"- does this mean including 25 or including 24 and under.

I have been curious for a while about this, and that leaflet I saw just confused me more. I know it doesn't affect me at this moment personally, but what about all those confused 25 year olds?

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post it, but as its for "suggestions" then my suggestion is to make the age range more clearer. (PS. It's not a criticism, and I understand your still working on the merger, new name etc. but just wanted to ask, and point it out).
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @apandav,

Thanks for bringing this up! After all, if you're thinking this then there will be others in your boat too. :chin: Hopefully this will help clarify things...

The Helpline & Counselling services haven't changed their remit and will continue to be under 25s services as they always have been. Community based services, such as the boards and chat, now have a soft age bracket of 13-25 (including 25 year olds). As you know, though, our services won't necessarily turn people away who are outside of this age range; it's there because we focus on the support needs of that demographic rather than that we're unable to give support to older people. Naturally, the support needs of a 27 year old will often be the same as that of a 25 year old, hence the flexibility.

Tl;dr we include 25 year olds, and those with those same support needs in our remit. I hope that helps clear things up, but let let us know if not!

Your patience and understanding is much appreciated, by the way. :yes:

Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Thanks for clarifying Mike :)

As I said I just wondered, and thought would be a good idea to make clear for others!
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    apandav wrote: »
    Thanks for clarifying Mike :)

As I said I just wondered, and thought would be a good idea to make clear for others!

No worries! We may look into ways of doing that... :chin:

Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Thanks Mike!