Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Over 18 and living with my dad

xRachGurlxRachGurl Posts: 3 Newbie
Hi
I'm 19 and I live with my dad, I don't want to go back into full time education and I won't be able to work full time. My dads saying that I'll have to pay my share of the bills for my upkeep which I don't mind but he's saying I have to pay £500 a month but my best friend says I could get my own house (I wouldn't be able to live on my own though) for £1000 so it's quite expensive what he's asking to pay. Is this an average price that people over 18 living with their parents would pay?

Comments

• Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi there, welcome to TheMix. It's very hard to say what a fair amount is without knowing what your income, and also your Dad's income, will be, could you tell us a bit more about your working situation?

Perhaps if it sounds a lot you could sit down with your Dad and talk through what the costs of you living at home are?

I don't know where you are in the country but it is indeed quite possible you could pay rent and basic bills for around the amount your friend suggests, but there is obviously a lot more to take into account than just the cost. Do you want to keep living at home?