Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

is anyone good at using microsoft word?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
help! what's happened to my document? the attachment is what it looks like at the moment. Each of those headings (Contents, Acknowledgements etc etc) is supposed to be on a seperate page, but the layout has gone funny and I don't know how to get it back to how it usually looks :( i.e. so i can see the whole page on my screen (not just the bit that has text on it)

can anyone help? I don't want to have to type it all out again!!

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Go to view | print layout

i think i know whatcha mean

i did that and it didn't help. it still looks the same. and that wizard is no help either!

i don't even know what i did to get it like that. i clicked on the ruler or something by accident
  • Options
    Try Edit - Undo Any formatting that you just did should revert back.
  • Options
    ah tis ok now!

but you learn something new every day - i just discovered that if i hold the mouse near the ruler it lets you toggle between show/hide white space.

that's what went wrong. i must have clicked it without realising. doh!

thanks for helping though :)
  • Options
    Still haven't got a clue but happy that your happy.