Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The dark side...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The other side of drugs.

A few of you will know me and have seen my posts, my opinion of drugs is yes all the way.

I have been smoking mostly skunk most days for the last 8 or 9 years or so. My pill consumption has to be about 1500 in the same time period so as you can see I have been using for a long time. My other drugs I have done have been ketamine, GHB, mushies and acid.

I don't agree with the "harder" drugs such as heroin and crack, but I am all in favour and enjoy recreational drugs such as pills, cannabis, coke (moderated amounts) speed and the other drugs which have become part of my everyday life.

Drugs which you convince people and yourselves are completely harmless, you see it all the time when a newbie pops in and gives his/her 2 cents about how drugs are bad and we are all going to hell. Everyone jumps on them with the same tired excuses (I am exactly the same) because to be honest people on drugs tend to be allot nicer than pissed people and I am sure I dont need to go into the rest of the typical responces. But I don't think we give enough thought to the long term effects or the effects in your every day life. I hate being too stoned to talk to people I feel stupid and thick, or when someone asks me what I did yesterday or remembering what tv program you were watching during the ad break, you realise your short term memory has be shot to shit.

So all this caining it has to lead somewhere right ? Recently over the last few weeks I have seen a different side to the effect of drugs on my mental state. I have seen my friends and friends of friends drop out and complain that its fucked with their heads. Your first reaction is they are weak, or cant handle the pace. I always thought it would never happen to me, well you don't do you ?

So the paranoia fairies have paid me a visit. I am writing this to you as some one who you can hopefully maybe have a little respect for my opinion, the above list of drugs is not to try and impress anyone, just a little proof that I know what I am talking about and have allot of experience.

You always think its never going to happen to you, and in writing this I hope someone else will read it and can maybe gain something from it or be able to offer someone in the same situation some advice.

Its a nasty cycle, you have to remember you are fucking with your brains chemistry, temporarily or permanently making changes taking chemicals you have no idea about. In my experience I know that nothing I have taken has come anywhere near close to killing me, I have had good and bad times on drugs but I don't however know what the future holds.

This week I have been so paranoid and depressed, I have thought people have been talking about me, my mood swings have been enormous and I have swung between depressed and ready to cry to absolute intense rage and smashed my room up and thought I was really loosing the plot. I mean properly loosing the plot, I thought I was going to have to commit myself as all the tiny little things in my head spiralled out of control and every time I thought about it it got worse. I thought people were talking about me and recognising that I was loosing the plot and people were taking a step back from me and just watching me go.

The point I think I am trying to make (and I never thought I would) is that you need to play carefully kids. I am sounding like the adult i never thought I would be, but all those pills and the nights chuffing have taken there toll.

I feel good today but its a vicious cycle. How many people that take pills know this scenario. You take pills over the weekend, Monday, Tuesday you feel shite and vow that you will leave them alone for a while, Wednesday comes you feel better, Thursday you are looking forward to the weekend and when Friday rolls around and your brain has repaired the damage done the weekend before and you get that text or phone call from you mate saying "Lets go out and get fucking twisted!!!" The head fuck you had at the beginning of the week is gone and your up for a mad one again.

So what does this mean to me ? Am I going forth now to find god and repent all my sins, check myself into the proiry, warn all those about the evils of drugs ? Am I fuck, I am taking a month off (for real this time) to clear my head out a bit. Anyone reading this may think thats crazy and I should stop altogether but the truth is I like taking drugs and its a part of my every day life (mostly smoking) But what I have taken from this is that I need to respect drugs and my body a little more.

So I think my message and advice would be that if anyone feels the way I have done this week, its best to talk to someone that has had similar experiences and can put things in black and white dont try and deal with it on your own because things only get worse in your head.

Play safe :cool:

Comments

• Options
    Knock it on the head for a while then, what you going to do tonight then? if your going off them find something else to occupy your time with, don't be lazying around because if you are you'll think i'll have a little smoke now and thus breaking it already, boredom leads to drug use as well.
  • Options
    This weekend I shall be mostly drinking, the lesser of two evils. Aye ;)
  • Options
    that wa quite good to read actually, i've taken some of it on board to...
  • Options
    i got ibiza 2moro, just though i'd let u all know, i think i will be trying pills on tuesday or wednesday, and maybe coke on friday..

any last minute advice anyone???
  • Options
    Water !!!!!

I went to ibiza and because its so hot aswell its very easy to dehydrate. I woke up one morning/afternoon and my piss was dark brown :eek:
  • Options
    crazy i used to be a 24hrs 7 days a week druggie and yes i can relate to what you have said ...there is sensible drug use. maybe the time has come when you have to realise that drugs aren't a good idea all the time. istill occassionaly get carried away and smoke for days ...but i pull myself up, i have responsibilities and other interests. sdo i leave it alone. i can't imagine i will ever stop smoking cannabis or consuming alchol but ...since 1986 being out of it has not been the most important thing in my life.
    i reckon i have a realy nice balance in life. most of my friends are the same. cut down or cut it out. i rarely smoke these days to get fucked. i mostly smoke one skinners. if i want to smoke all day ...which i do do, then i smoke cheap north african. get your head back together lad!
  • Options
    i used to be a 24hrs 7 days a week druggie

all drugs or what?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    all drugs or what?
    when i was a pot head pot. when i was a smack head smack. always with a bit of this that and the other though.
    i think the mistake a lot of drug takers make ...especialy dope smokers is, once they discover the bullshit about drug taking they pressume you can do it all day every day without comeback. big mistake!
    if you treat alcohol like that you come unstuck ...same with any mood altering substance. you have to have a balance which can take a bit of lkearning.
    i' a bit pissed at the mo but if i drank this much everday it would cause me problems ...
  • Options
    I can whole-heartedly relate.

Been smoking weed since 14/15, and started to dabble with pills and coke from about 17.

For the first year or so it was brilliant - had nothing but good times. Looking back I was completely over the top consumption-wise, but I was enjoying myself, so didn't think it was a problem.

Had a bad experience one night...was 100% convinced I was gonna die. Had taken 3 pills I think (less than average for me, at the time) and in the end called myself an ambulance. I literally thought I had about 5 minutes to live! Nearly called my parents as well, to tell them I loved them before I kicked it. It's actually nearly funny, looking back. :)

Since then i've suffered from panic attacks pretty reguarly. It's better now than it used to be, but is still there. I rarely smoke weed now, and will do pills maybe once a month. I'm bored of coke, but will have some if offered.

I spose my point really is that during the 'honeymoon' period of drug-use, you almost feel invincible, that no matter how much you cain it you will be fine. Soooo not true.

I look back at how I was, and I feel sad. I've damaged my brain, and although it's probably not permanent (I hope, anyway!) I wonder what i'll be like at say, 30.

Bottom line - all you young people who are new to it all, and starting to experiment, PLEASE show yourself some respect. You won't realise how much weight this carries untill it's perhaps too late, but take it from someone who knows. :)
  • Options
    First post from me, for a while. Things have changed!
  • Options
    I've seen it happen to a lot of people, but I havent seen anyone go totaly off the rails as it were, mainly they just have a little while off too much and then realise they are fucking with their head a bit too much and slow down.

I guess the closest I've come was when I nearly killed myself on GBL, in fact thanks to my mrs I'm still around, I recon I might have been a gonna without her.
  • Options
    what's GBL?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    what's GBL?
    great british lager.
  • Options
    Re: The dark side...
    Originally posted by Crazyredeyes
    The other side of drugs.

A few of you will know me and have seen my posts, my opinion of drugs is yes all the way...

... But what I have taken from this is that I need to respect drugs and my body a little more.

...Play safe :cool:

thank you

I think the transition from 'I can handle it' to 'I need to start the day with a joint' can slip by with out noticing. You never see yourself growing taller, but over a few months you are taller (well upto about 18, but you know what I mean).

so proper drugs education is also about respect, its not all bad, but...
  • Options
    GBL is gamma-Butyrolactone, I hope thats cleared that one up for you.

I'd aggree it is about respect, some of the drugs that we play with really will bite back if your not careful.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    get your head back together lad!

Cheers for all the replies, it helps to read back on what I have written myself.

I was almost good this weekend, I still smoked a shed load of skunk, but the chemical intake was minimal. I popped half a pill after a few beers and had a line of charlie.

My head feels loads better this week for it too.

:D
  • Options
    well done, so what's on the agenda this weekend :p
  • Options
    I am going to have another calm one again this weekend. Still saving for oz, so thats the best excuse.

Mmmmm might make some hash cakes tho :yum:
  • Options
    hash cakes :yum: