Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Girlfriend with anxiety, help.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm suffering really bad at the moment.
My girlfriend this afternoon had plans to come see me after work, she then text me saying she had a bad day so I said I could come to hers. Fast forward a couple hours she finishes early and proceeds to call me, she doesn't sound too good so I told her to get here & i'd make her a drink & some food, she says that'd be good.
I then get a text message after reading along the lines of 'Im heading home instead, sorry' so i reply with, ok, if you need me i'm here. so she gets annoyed by that & says that doesn't help, and I reply with i'll come to you if you want? Anyway long story short she sent a really blunt text message cancelling our plans & then expects me to read what she's thinking. Please can I get some oversight on this? Am I in the wrong for not being able to read her like that?
Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hey Lionhearted, :wave:

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks for your post.

Sounds like a hard time at the moment. You've done a really positive thing by reaching out for some help with this.

How are you feeling today? You said you were suffering really bad at the moment yesterday, could you tell us a bit more about what's been going?

You were asking whether you're in the wrong for not being able to read your girlfriend, how do you feel about it?

You said in the title of the thread that your girlfriend has anxiety, there's an article on The Mix called 'My girlfriend/boyfriend has anxiety' which might be useful.

There's also lots of articles in our relationships section that you might find useful too.

Hope this helps.