Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Introduce yourself

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi I'm Elysia1794, I'm here because I'm struggling this year has been very difficult a lot has happened and I need help. I have PTSD I was diagnosed at 16 but I think I've had it since I was 9years old. While still at uni a big family secret has come out and I now know several of my family members have been abused by another family member who I have been incredibly close to, so I've lost contact with the person. My family has been to court and it has meant what once was a big close family is now a family where only certain family members have contact. As well as this I lost my Granddad from the other side of my family and the grandmother from this side of the family. My partner also took an overdose as she was having problems with her family, shes ok now but this has been a very rough year. I need help and support and I'm looking for it anywhere I can. Please help me
  • Options
    Elysia1794

Welcome to the forums. I hope you stick around and enjoy your time with us, and visit our chat. :)

Julie

• Options
    Hi, I wanna keep myself anonymous but would love to help others who need it and if you message me privately we could get to know each other better? I'm 14 btw x
  • Options
    runaway_xx

It would be awesome if you spend time chatting on the topics people post (inc mine if you like, haha), and that way our friends will get to know you loads better as establish yourself with a few posts on the forum than private messaging, but it's up to you. :) Staff here also do an excellent 1-2-1 privately, here:

http://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team. #Also: http://www.themix.org.uk/community/forum/chat-debate/live-chat-announcements

-See today Tuesday 28th for chats this evening. How about you register a chat account? It's different from your forum account. Register either as a Guest, or register your Username, Email, DOB, Password and Gender. If you have any registration probs, contact TheMix staff, here: http://www.themix.org.uk/community/forum/welcome-centre/help-desk
    All the best.
    Julie
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    runaway_xx wrote: »
    Hi, I wanna keep myself anonymous but would love to help others who need it and if you message me privately we could get to know each other better? I'm 14 btw x

Welcome! Anonymity is important here, so it's always ok to remain that way. You and I are the same age! Great to meet you

Also welcome to all new members!!! We love you!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Sophie, i don't really know why I'm here, I guess just for an extra bit of support/distraction really? I'm a relatively happy person but when I'm not kept busy i find it difficult to stay in a positive mindset, so itd be nice to have somewhere to go when the people currently in my life arent around.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    sophie9874 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Sophie, i don't really know why I'm here, I guess just for an extra bit of support/distraction really? I'm a relatively happy person but when I'm not kept busy i find it difficult to stay in a positive mindset, so itd be nice to have somewhere to go when the people currently in my life arent around.

Hey Sophie, welcome to the boards. I'm Eleanor, 15, it's great to have you here😊 I know how you feel about not being busy and that, hopefully here you can find the support you need😊
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    sophie9874

Sorry, I didn't see your post until just now but I'm glad you joined us because though we are a varied bunch, we all look out for one-another so I hope you will enjoy the friendship and take part in the many forums TheMix has. In time you will make good friends on the forum and in the board's chats, so it will be great if you could register for our new Chatwee chat thingamebobs. :rainbow2:

I'm 18, half-British and half-Spanish with two delightful and loving younger sisters. I was born in Majorca, but wintering here with my loving family and partner Dixie.

I look forward to getting to know you.

All the best,

Julie
  • Options
    Hey,
    I am Christina, I am 24. I have multiple mental illnesses. The main one being eupd. I am from Manchester uk. I hope all is well. I heard about this group from someone on an eupd group I am in :) thanks for reading.
  • Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Hey,
    I am Christina, I am 24. I have multiple mental illnesses. The main one being eupd. I am from Manchester uk. I hope all is well. I heard about this group from someone on an eupd group I am in :) thanks for reading.

Christina2107 The staff in chat and on our forums, also my forum friends are very caring, so I hope you will stay and enjoy what is here.

Our chats are useful especially Support Chat which you could visit even as guest to see how you enjoy it. Info below for this evening

http://www.themix.org.uk/community/forum/chat-debate/live-chat-announcements/3579372-chats-tonight-support-chat-general-chat-thurs-28th-dec-8-9-30pm

Wishing you all the best,

Belle
  • Options
    Hey there, my name is Caleb and I'm 17. I'm in my last year of high school and have applied for college in America. I am ftm transgender and suffer from body dysphoria and depression. I go to counselling and take anti-depressants. My parents have known about my gender identity for around 7 months however nothing has really changed. Sometimes I want to die.
  • Options
    Hey there, my name is Caleb and I'm 17. I'm in my last year of high school and have applied for college in America. I am ftm transgender and suffer from body dysphoria and depression. I go to counselling and take anti-depressants. My parents have known about my gender identity for around 7 months however nothing has really changed. Sometimes I want to die.

Hello Caleb,

You have come to a very lovely place, and I am sure many here including the staff will help you.

Welcome to our forum and happy new year. wave.gif

Belle xx
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Hazel, looking forward to contributing to your posts and debate soon
  • Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Hey @Haze

Nice to have you here!

Esme x
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hey new people 🖐

Welcome xx
  • Options
    Haze wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Hazel, looking forward to contributing to your posts and debate soon

Hey @Haze Welcome to the forum.

Belle x
  • Options
    ZeeZeeZeeZee Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi Im ZeeZee, my parents convinced me to post here cos during a shouting match they found out Im depressed and kinda suicidal.

I mean I already have an internet support group but I guess y'all might be friendly so Im willing to give it a go
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome, @ZeeZee! Glad you found us. :wave:

We're friendly enough. :p I see you've already gotten started posting, which is wicked. Thank you for the content warnings on your posts (you can tell you're a seasoned forum-user!).

I'm Mike, one of the mods you'll see drifting through from time to time. See you around. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Hi @ZeeZee Welcome to our forum! I love your avatar!. :)

I'm one of the regs, and pleased to meet you.

Wishing you all the best and a super weekend,

Belle
  • Options
    ZeeZeeZeeZee Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    @Mirabelle

Its a picture of Rei Ayanami from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Oe of the clues that I was trans that I never noticed was that I got really into roleplaying as her for a meme on another forum and then it spread into some other social media stuff
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    ZeeZee wrote: »
    Hi Im ZeeZee, my parents convinced me to post here cos during a shouting match they found out Im depressed and kinda suicidal.

I mean I already have an internet support group but I guess y'all might be friendly so Im willing to give it a go

​Hey @ZeeZee

Welcome to the boards, I will agree with @Mike you defently know how to use a forum. Have a good look round the site not just here of the boards, the site has some really good reading material on it. I will link a few that you mentions in your first post, so you can read them and i might help you to feel like your not alone anymore. (I have just linked 3 below but there are a lot more under get information mental health)

http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/depression-mental-health
    http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/self-harm
    http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/looking-after-yourself

See you round.

Speak soon

Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    ZeeZee wrote: »
    @Mirabelle

Its a picture of Rei Ayanami from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Oe of the clues that I was trans that I never noticed was that I got really into roleplaying as her for a meme on another forum and then it spread into some other social media stuff

You're very well clued up and I admire your courage for sharing about yourself. :thumb: You are in good hands here. My forum friends and our great staff will look after you.

Have a super weekend!

~ Belle
  • Options
    NotmeNotme Posts: 1 Just got here
    I'm ra I'm here to learn
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey @Notme welcome to the boards! Let us know if there's anything we can help you with :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Welcome to the board, @Notme Do ask us anything and we will help you. Enjoy your time with us.

All the best,

-Belle
  • Options
    tiamcconnelltiamcconnell Posts: 1 Just got here
    hi, my name is Tia. i’m 15, i grew up in the South-West, but have moved to the North-East nearly 2 years ago. i’m pretty much adopted by my auntie. i love horse-riding, listening to music, and i used to do dance before moving here. i’m really new to all of this. i struggle with mental health and yeah, been through abit of stuff but anyone can drop me a message. i love making new friends haha. i’m a bit awkward and don’t really know what to say on here but i hope i haven’t made myself sound stupid or anything, sorry if i have lmao
  • Options
    hi, my name is Tia. i’m 15, i grew up in the South-West, but have moved to the North-East nearly 2 years ago. i’m pretty much adopted by my auntie. i love horse-riding, listening to music, and i used to do dance before moving here. i’m really new to all of this. i struggle with mental health and yeah, been through abit of stuff but anyone can drop me a message. i love making new friends haha. i’m a bit awkward and don’t really know what to say on here but i hope i haven’t made myself sound stupid or anything, sorry if i have lmao

Welcome to the boards, @tiamcconnell it's lovely to have you here - and what an appealing avatar picture you have! :rainbow2:

I've just started horse riding; we have a Russian cob. She's so broad, it's like riding a boat! 😂

Now, here are a couple of useful sites linked to our forum. They are a good read, and could be so helpful to you.

http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-heal...after-yourself

http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-heal...-mental-health

Wishing you all the best,

~ Belle
  • Options
    Hello again Tia,

I just want you to know that until you start posting on the boards to increase your post count, it's unlikely you will be able to receive or make private messages.

Reach out to us on the boards. Make a post about what help you need in, say, Health and Wellbeing, or post on the ranty thread in Anything Goes, or below that on the music forum. There are plenty of places you can post on, all helping increase your post count.

The forum is quiet this week and might be because people have school exams / revision. But there are usually people around.

Every evening except Fridays is chat, and each are very well moderated - so not troublemakers. 'Live chat announcements' are on the index page, a topic posted usually by lunchtime showing which mod is going to be in support, or general chat. It only takes a few minutes to make a chat account, but it can only be done once chats have started. Go here when they open.

http://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat

Wishing you all the best, and hope you enjoy the boards, wave.gif

~Belle
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Amazing whistlestop tour of the community there, @Mirabelle[/USER]! Welcome to the community [USER="103418"]tiamcconnell. :wave: Glad you found us.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Hahaa @Mike - thanks! :)