Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Extremely anxious atm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
New to the forum. I'm really anxious for no particular reason, last two nights I've had to have diazepam to calm me down it's been that bad. But there's no tablets left now and I feel like I can't concentrate on anything, thoughts are racing, also that everything is pointless. On top of that derealisation/depersonalization symptoms kicking in. Not a good night. Does anybody have any suggestions to help me calm down and focus for a while? Thanks.

Comments

• StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi brainhead,

Welcome to the boards! :wave:

It's really positive that you've posted here about what's going on for you at the moment. It sounds really tough. How are you feeling today?

You were saying in your message that you feel like you can't concentrate on anything and thoughts are racing. What thoughts are racing can we ask? You also mentioned that everything is pointless, it sounds like things are hard, what makes you say that everything is pointless?

You've done really well to look for help, seems like thing are really difficult. You were asking if anyone has any suggestions to help you calm down and focus for a while, what kinds of suggestions are you hoping for?

You mentioned in your message that you're really anxious for no particular reason. We have an article here at The Mix called 'Help me with my anxiety' that might be useful.

Hope this helps.

Do let us know how you're doing today.

*hug*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Steph wrote: »
    Hi brainhead,

Welcome to the boards! :wave:

It's really positive that you've posted here about what's going on for you at the moment. It sounds really tough. How are you feeling today?

You were saying in your message that you feel like you can't concentrate on anything and thoughts are racing. What thoughts are racing can we ask? You also mentioned that everything is pointless, it sounds like things are hard, what makes you say that everything is pointless?

You've done really well to look for help, seems like thing are really difficult. You were asking if anyone has any suggestions to help you calm down and focus for a while, what kinds of suggestions are you hoping for?

You mentioned in your message that you're really anxious for no particular reason. We have an article here at The Mix called[URL="http://www.thesite.org/mental-health/anxiety-ocd-and-phobias/help-me-with-my-anxiety-5601.html"] 'Help me with my anxiety'[/URL] that might be useful.

Hope this helps.

Do let us know how you're doing today.

*hug*

Thanks for replying. I just kind of battled through last night until I went to sleep, woke up at four in the morning still feeling awful, but then I made a list of all the positive things in my life while I watched the sky change colour. Sounds trite but it helped and I feel loads better today.

My racing thoughts were along the lines of 'everything is awful and scary' and I get this thing where my thoughts don't even come up with anything new, just go round in circles. I don't get anywhere. I felt like everything was pointless because I always mess everything up for myself unfortunately. I won't let myself have good things in life which is really frustrating.

Thanks for the article, I'll bookmark it for next time.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey brainhead, good to hear back from you :)

It's worth remembering what worked for you so that next time you have something to do that can hopefully break that cycle of anxiety. Experiences like this are helpful in some ways as it sounds like you've really gained some perspective and understanding around what goes on for you when your racing thoughts take over.

What you did doesn't sound trite at all, it sounds really positive, good on you!