Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

This will sort it all out ONCE AND FOR ALL

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kermit
    ?

People are actually sick of the absue being doled out. No-one cares whether this guy is telling the truth, because no-one knows but him, but what people object to is the diatribe which could put the lives of other rape victims at risk, by reinforcing their belief that no-one will believe them.
    this has been exactly my point the whole way through, but you have put it far more eloquently than me.
    I know I shouldnt bring all this back up when it seems to be settling down, and I dont want to cause a war, but I was the one who sent Rude_boyz the website address of the connextions call centre and I think its fair that I vouch that it is an internet instant chat thing he had the conversation with the counsellor on. the website address is this and he did actually have this conversation over the net, and not on the phone.

Just needed to clear that up.

Also, for anyone else having any problems or issues they need to talk to someone about, or just to get general advice or information on things; this is an extremely helpful webchat and you should go and have a look.
    hey i had someone force themselves upon me when i was little*, does this mean i can join the 'almost raped' club? when do i get a certificate and badge in the post?

oh woe is me... life is dark, so dark... so alone...

fucking hell they were probably trying to find your wallet :rolleyes:

i've never heard such utter bullshit in my entire life and i used to know Arby**

* - true
    ** - the most prolific liar in the history of lying ****s.
    OH dear...
    While I was walking the dog in the dark lastnight I was thinking about Rude_boyz and wondering about his predicament and if it were true and if we had all been a bit nasty.

Then I come back on here and the whole thing has got worse!

I do think we have to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it IS fair for anyone here to pick up on the inconsistencies of his story becuase if he is lying about such a terrible thing it does kind of piss on people who have really been through bad experiences.

Anyhow..IF he is lying he's doing it because he has serious problems anyway and so perhaps we should at least try to help him with those.

Every group needs a scapegoat and it only takes one person to voice a concern and everyone else follows. So perhaps it is time we all chilled, forgot about this thread (Which has been 'closed' several times by Rude_boyz) and waited to see if Rude-boyz would like to use the site like the rest of us...the debate, chat, make friends, get and take help.....

Finally - I have to say....When someone is bad at spelling (And I should know because I've struggled with it all my life) they tend to repeat the same spelling mistakes...however Rude_boyz, you seem to spell words a different way each time. Perhaps its just fast typing but the trick is that when you read other peoples posts, check out the way they spell because thats how you'll learn the right spellings!!
    It's so nice to know that I can come on here and browse the boards and see a whole nice thread full of people attacking my best mates brother and calling him a liar. Kaffrin - how was he supposed to know the exact size of the calpol bottle when it was that long ago? And I know for a fact that he isn't lying. Ok, so no I wasn't actually there when it happened but if you had been there when he was talking about it to me you would that it is true. He was nearly in tears and there is no way on Earth that he wasn't telling the truth. I gave him the address of this site because I thought the people on here would be kind and helpful. Apparently I was wrong. Some of you have been brilliant, but some of you I really am ashamed of you. He came here asking for advice and you instantly attacked him and called him a liar. If you thought that then you didn't need to - no SHOULDN'T - have posted at all. He was seeking advice for a problem, I thought that this site was a good place for him. Those of you who are saying 'this has happened to me', instead of attacking him you should be understanding how he feels. I told him that people had been through the same thing on here, but that was with the hope that you would help him. But no. You are attacking him. I'm sorry Graeme for sending you here, apparently people aren't as nice as I thought they were, my advice for you now is delete this thread and ignore all the people that have been calling you a liar. Sorry for giving you rubbish advice about this site. But it's good that you were talking to a counciller:thumb: well done boyo! (and btw could you please ask your brother to email me or summit he's in a mood with me again - tis getting repetitive)
    Wow thnx fran.

Why greg in a piss arse mood with ya lmao (he acting weird as useral) Brother hay who needs em
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Wow thnx fran.

Why greg in a piss arse mood with ya lmao (he acting weird as useral) Brother hay who needs em

Yeh well . . . it pisses me off when people start disbelieving people for no reason.

And he's in a mood with me because I decided I didn't want to hate Scott and so I am friends with him again. Cos, like, my God, I'm not allowed to choose my own friends :rolleyes:
    One of the reasons people advised you to go the police was because of other potential victims. Have you thought about this? because you don't have to give a name to report a crime. If your story is true then I'm sure you wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else.
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    One of the reasons people advised you to go the police was because of other potential victims. Have you thought about this? because you don't have to give a name to report a crime. If your story is true then I'm sure you wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else.

yea but im scared
    So why not email them, send a letter, phone crimestoppers, you've not been exactly shy about discussing it here.
    rude_boyz sounds like he's lying, full stop. Whenever someone points this out he gets defensive, and when someone makes a point that he isnt lying, rude_boyz pretty much hides behind them and goes "yeah!"

to me, this behaviour just shows how he's lying.
    oh dear..

:rolleyes: :lol:
    All times are GMT. The time now is 02:26 PM.

hmmm, says 13:30 on my clock.....

:o its 11 hours out!!!!! (or one hour)
    you're crazy.

no, the clocks have fucked up. there were a few threads about it a couple of days ago.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    *cough*

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50345

*cough*

I give you credit for still trying to prove that the boy is lying, to be honest I would've got bored a long time ago. 'Spose it shows you don't give up easily.

But...what has the above link got to do with anything?
    it shows he's lying. he pasted poems that he "wrote himself" but theyre actualy just cut+pasted from a website

you can tell because the ones he didnt do dont have spelling mistakes, and the ones he did do are even worse and have his spellings, tho im surprised every other word isnt in capital letters
    Mad.

I think we established he lied about the poems, but come on thats pretty low down on the lying scale.

I dont think people should be making judgements about whether he lied about being attacked though. Assuming it is true, how do you think itd make him feel having all these people verbally attacking him like this? Give the kid a break.
    But kaffrin, I found on the internet that Calpol comes in bottles as small as 10ml. I also know which branch of Boots you mean, and its frickin tiny.

Its not just this boy whos exaggerated achievements.
    you just couldn't resist, could you?

and i suggest taking another trip to leeds, cause that boots is 2 floors. hardly 'tiny'.
    But kaffrin, I found on the internet that Calpol comes in bottles as small as 10ml. I also know which branch of Boots you mean, and its frickin tiny.

Its not just this boy whos exaggerated achievements.

What exaggerated achievements, she said she had a job in Boots, hardly an exaggeration
    you just couldn't resist, could you?

Oh I could, but you seem determined to lay into this boy all the time about petty irrelevancies so I thought Id return the favour.

I couldnt care less if hes lying or if youre lying or if its all just one big laugh, the attitude of superiority and not being able to receive what is given is what fucks me off. As Ive said all along.
    jesus.

i was having a bad day. someone was joking around about a subject that's very close to home. i went off on one.

it happens.

have i or have i not stopped now? apart from the plagiarism, but i wouldn't call that a 'petty irrelevancy'.

and trying to make out i'm a liar? go for it. you'll find i'm not.

Kaffrin, when you were raped/assaulted whatever what did you do about it? Were you not scared of going to the police? Were you not messed up? Did you not have someone who did not believe you? Weren't you afraid to tell your friends and family?

If the answer to all the above is no, then well done, because in a lot of cases, people answer yes.

Maybe you don't know how lucky you are. Because if he is telling the truth, you have messed up, big time.
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Maybe you don't know how lucky you are.

Used your brain for that post didnt you?

She says she was raped. Its hardly a "lucky" occurrence, and not something youd think afterwards "Jeesh Im glad I wasnt mutilated too". And just as I criticised everyone for being harsh to rude boy, or whatever the fuck hes called, people who show no sympathy or empathy deserve criticism too.

Argh!
    Used your brain for that post didnt you?

I sure did!:D

But seriously. I never actually said anything about her being lucky that she was raped. I think I didnt explain myself properly. What I was trying to get accross was perhaps Kaffrin dealt with it better than Rudeboy. She obviously did because she kept it bottle up for 13 years.

Im just saying kaffrin shouldnt assume Rudeboy is lying just because they had different reactions. No one should assume is lying. You just don't know. You can think he is lying, but you will never KNOW he is.
    Kaffrin you told me to tell the police yet you didnt, how ironic is that huh?

i am getting help thats what a shrink is for isnt it?
    yeah, did great, me. nearly killed myself several times, developed anorexia/depression/appalling self esteem, have a psychiatric file as thick as my A level revision notes.

dealt with it fantastic. :thumb:

Im sorry to hear that, but the word I meant to use was differently, not better.
    lets say he IS telling the truth (in which case i would obviously apologise profusely for being a complete arse). he came here, and is telling everyone who will listen about it. that kind of person will get help, because someone will hear what they're saying and make them get help.

it's the kind of person who makes one post about the subject and then disappears that you have to worry about.

not neccessarily...talking about things like that constantly on anonymous message boards and talking about them constantly in real life isvery different, as i'm sure you'll appreciate. doesn't mean that they're not overdosing and cutting while they're talking, does it?

lets say he IS telling the truth (in which case i would obviously apologise profusely for being a complete arse)
    Ok, if he is telling the truth how the hell is he supposed to prove it? No, really? I would like someone to tell me how he can prove it to people!

Other issues that are totally fucked up here:

1. Who the fuck cares what size bottle of calpol he supposedly drunk? That isn't the issue. People are picking at any tiny thing this kid says and having a go about it.
    2. Would you all be acting this way if he was a female victim of attempted rape? I very much doubt it.
    3. Who cares if he ripped off some poems? I remember when someone who shall remain nameless posted a story she claimed to be "hers" and it turned out she had just been busy copying and pasting. That same person was forgiven in a heartbeat and still posts a hell of a lot here at TheSite. Does anyone bring this up every single time she makes a freaking post? No.

Will you all just grow up? I am actually disgusted at the attitude of some people here. Leave it now, ok? Imagine how you would have felt if you told people about a traumatic event such as this and they ripped you to shreds.

I don't want to fall out with anyone in particular over this, because generally I like you all, so I am not aiming this at anyone in particular.
    Apparently nobody listens to me . . .

How many times do I have to tell you people? He is not lying ok? If you don't believe him at least believe me, who has been here a lot longer than him. He has been telling the truth. I know it because he told me to my face and it was obvious it was the truth. I have had to say this about 5 times now. Listen to me this time???
This discussion has been closed.