Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Renting without guarantor

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am new
Hello my name is Femmy, I live in Shoeburyness, Southend on Sea, I have problems for rent a house because I don't have guarantor, I want separate with my husband and we have 2 little children, they 5 and 2 years old,long story why I want separate with him, I have try to get help from council about rent without guarantor but they can't help, please anybody can help me, where I must looking for rent without guarantor?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey veary, welcome to TheSite boards! Just a heads up, you may be better posting in the "Home, Law and Money" forum to help you with what you're talking about :)
    Thank you
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hi Femmy,
    Shelter or the Citizen's Advice Bureau would probably be a good place to start looking for information about renting without a guarantor.

This page here http://m.england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/private_renting/costs_of_renting/rent_deposit_and_bond_schemes looks like a good start, but it may be worth checking out other pages on the website.

Hope that helps!
    Hello Kate, I have go to citizens advice and yes they give me the list of agents but in that list the agent also request for working guarantor, I have been to council and they also can't help except make me and my children homeless then they will be able to get us a place, to be honest I not want they put me and 2 small children in the hostel and have same bathroom and kitchen so that why I just want my own place, I am working, I have save money, I am getting desperate for this, I just want to go out from him because he not treat me good.

I will looking the website you give me, thank you so much
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    One other thing to note is if you have savings / money available you could offer to pay the first 3 month's rent in advance and work on that basis. I know some friends in a similar position and have been able to make it work that way.

Sorry to hear about your situation.