Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How can I stop crying all the time?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just joined this site and not quite sure where to post messages against chosen topic. Feel free to move this message if it's in the wrong section. My problem is I cry really really easily and cannot control my emotions. Even when I'm feeling strong or ok about a matter, I tend to burst into tears and ball like crazy. There are many situations with family right now which I'm struggling to handle and hope for the best. I've always had this problem though, so how can I stop myself from crying?

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Val, welcome to TheSite

Sorry to hear your struggling *hug*s

Crying is a safe and natural release from your emotions. Do you want to talk some more about what's going on, sometimes talking can help us deal with things, and hopefully break down everything your going through making it more manageable to deal with.

Do you have any support at the minute?

Keep posting, we care :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Val wrote: »
    I've just joined this site and not quite sure where to post messages against chosen topic. Feel free to move this message if it's in the wrong section. My problem is I cry really really easily and cannot control my emotions. Even when I'm feeling strong or ok about a matter, I tend to burst into tears and ball like crazy. There are many situations with family right now which I'm struggling to handle and hope for the best. I've always had this problem though, so how can I stop myself from crying?

Hello there Val,

A warm welcome to TheSite.org message boards, it's wonderful to have you as part of our community. Just to echo again what BananaMonkey said, crying from difficult emotions. Especially when we've aloud things to build up to the point it is no longer in our control. But it's about taking steps and getting to the core of the crying. Often, it can be bursting into tears over little things, but with a deeper meaning behind it.

You need to reassure yourself, it's okay to cry, it's okay to just let it all out sometimes. However, if you are really struggling with emotions at the moment, or managing them, it might be helpful to approach your GP, who will look into causes of these emotions, and offer treatment, such as medication or counselling, if you felt that would be helpful.

But you don't have to go through any of this alone, sadly, there isn't a cure to just stop yourself bursting out in tears, but you can work on managing these emotions, that may lead to you crying.

Were here for you, and do keep us updated on how things are going for you,
    Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey @Val :)

Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing as you posted a few days ago - feel free to post some more if you need to *hug*