Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wife on Facebook humiliating postss

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My wife posts embarresing comments on my timeline containing personal information about myself. Advice needed ,she uses it as a weapon to humiliate and get attention. Advice needed

Comments

• Options
    You need to talk to her and tell her what is and isn't acceptable. I think you can also delete the posts.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    What Melian said. Definitely try talking to her first, but you could also report the posts if they are against FB's user rules.
  • Options
    Whilst there may be the concern of retaliation if you do the following, however there is the option op:

Restricting the ability of people to post on your timeline, restrict people from being able to tag you in posts, or make sure you have to pre-approve any posts that you are tagged in before they appear on your timeline. You should also be able to remove the tag if anyone does tag you in a post.
  • Options
    Hey Dave,

I'm really sorry to hear that your wife is doing this to you. It sounds cruel and as though it's perhaps a symptom of a deeper issue between the two of you?

As @Melian says, talking to her about this is the first step, is that something you think you'd be able to do?

I also wonder if this is something that happens when you've had an argument as you mention she uses it as a weapon? Or, is this something she has been doing for a while?

Let us know a bit more about what's been going on and how your relationship is more generally and we'll be able to offer you some more advice and support.

:yes: