Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

sectioning a relative

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a female relative 76 who is looking after a 91 yr old sister but the 76yr old haas real mental health issues but the doctors will not do anything. She is at risk and so is her 91 yr old sister ie the 91 yr old has dementia and the other 76 yr old is in charge of the other ones money and meds but she dies not give her her meds. I think both are at risk. She even stops family and others including medical staff from visiting, but no one wants to do anything, she has refused medical treatment and her home is invested as its full of crap as she does not ckean it or herslf. Help

Comments

• Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hi nobbySuk,

Firstly welcome to thesite :)

Sounds like a tough situation and I can understand your concerns! Sorry I don't know much about this topic, perhaps it would be best to seek advice from a medical or social professional?

Best of Luck,
    Amanda
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi @nobby5uk,

Welcome to TheSite! I'm going to move your thread over to our Relationships forum as it's about family - hope that's okay :)

I'm sorry to hear what's going on with your relatives and it's natural that you're concerned. We're unable to offer expert advice here, but you might find it useful to get in touch with Family Lives - they may be able to offer you more in depth advice :yes: