Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Getting foundation out of carpets.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I accidentally got liquid foundation on my carpet and it looks horrible, I've tried using a carpet cleaner but its not doing anything.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Have you already tried the vanish spray? If not, I reckon that might do the trick :)
  • Options
    I second vanish. There is the vanish powder stuff you mix with water and rub in.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    It's probably too late to say whatever you do, don't rub it into your carpet? :P In the past when I've managed to get liquid foundation out of carpet I've used like washing up liquid which at the time seemed like it did the trick. Or try something make up removal related? But if that fails Vanish might do the trick as the above posters have mentioned. Like soak it in warm water for a bit and then try washing up liquid. Hope you manage to get the stain out, if not, let us know ^.^

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    As an ex carpet fitter, nothing works better than white spirit, but use it sparingly at first,
    Weekender Offender