Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Need help buying PC for Uni

HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
Hey guys,

I need help with what pc I need for uni.

I am studying Games Design and the programmes we use are Maya 2016, Unreal Engine, Construct 2, Unity, Photoshop, Visual Studio 2013, (and I think that's it).
I need a pc that is able to run all of these at a fastish pace. I would prefer a pc that can use 2 monitors so that it is easier to use Maya.

The pc also needs to be able to run games well, such as Minecraft, CounterStrike, Terraria, GMod, and other stuffs. The budget is £400.
I have been suggested to build my own pc before, however I don't know what it needs to be able to run.

2 pcs I have already looked at are:
"Refurbished Gaming Dell Optiplex 745/755 Desktop"
with the specs of : - Core 2 Duo 2.00-2.66GHz, - 4GB RAM, -1TB HDD, -DVD, -Great for gamers, -2GB ATI Radeon HD5450, - Dual display graphics card, -Windows 7 Home, -Add one or two 19” screens.

"Freshtech AMD 4.2Ghz Quad Core 8GB 1TB 22" TFT Bundle Keyboard and Mouse EVO FTS Gaming PC Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 Motherboard 8GB DDR3 1600mhz Performance Ram Onboard AMD Radeon HD 8570D 500 Watt Power Supply With 12cm Fan 1tb Seagate Barracuda Sata 6Gb/s 64mb Cache 7200rpm"
specs: -Processor Brand: AMD, -Processor Type: Athlon 64 FX, -Processor Speed: 3.90 GHz, -Processor Count: 4, -RAM Size: 8 GB, -Computer Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM, -Hard Drive Size: 1000 GB, -Hard Disk Technology: SATA, -Hard Drive Interface: Serial ATA, -Graphics Card Description: Onboard AMD Radeon HD 8570D, - Graphics Card Ram Size: 1 GB, -Graphics Card Interface: Integrated, -Optical Drive Type: 24x Sata DVD Writer

If anyone could help, I would appreciate it :D

Thanks
Hann