Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

HELP ME!!!!!! Struggling with anxiety

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all i have very bad anxiety nd i need support from.support chat but i cant get in. HELP ME ASAP!!!!!!!!!#

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi kirstyo,

I'm sorry you're experiencing bad anxiety, and were unable to get in to the support chat tonight; unfortunately it's closed for the evening but will be back tomorrow from 8pm.

Anxiety UK are able to support you with anxiety, and are available to contact by phone, text, email, or live chat Monday to Friday.

If you need immediate support, the No Panic helpline is open until 10pm. Alternatively you could contact Samaritans open 24 hours.

You can post here on the boards if you need an outlet :yes:
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    kirstyo wrote: »
    Hey all i have very bad anxiety nd i need support from.support chat but i cant get in. HELP ME ASAP!!!!!!!!!#

Hey there KirstyO,

If you have a peak at the chat page it should give you a list of times chat is open or when its next due open (http://www.thesite.org/chat/live-chat), but the boards are here for you 24/7 whenever you need someone to reach out to. I'm sorry you were going through such a difficult time with your anxiety, how are you feeling now? - Often when were surrounded by stress or a heap of negative emotions it can be difficult to focus in the moment. Were you able to reach out to anyone else when you felt your anxiety getting to a point that you were struggling with?

A friend suggested that if you place your hand on your stomach and take deep breaths in and out, and you can feel your stomach moving, then it starts to make you feel more calm, I often find that if I distract myself in a difficult situation to something I enjoy for example mindful colouring etc, or taking a walk outside for a bit, helps me to reduce anxiety.

What has helped you in the past when you've struggled with anxiety? Do keep us updated on how you're doing, and as Raich mentioned there are other support networks that you can turn to when chat is closed I personally think Samaritans is a good one, however, if you are aged 18 or under, you can also call ChildLine.

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart