Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

my introduction

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi im courtney, im 17 years old and i suffer from depession, anxiety, an eating disorder and i struggle with my sleeping. this is the first time ive ever writen about me and my mental health or even properly tried talking about it. ive self harmed for 2 year and in that time tried an overdose six times. im struggling but have great friends who are trying to help me through.i just dont feel i can tell them everything because they dont understand that i dont understand whats going on in my head, so i dont really know how to talk about it yet. its only short but i dont know how much i can as a person talk about yet ... courtney x

Comments

• Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hi Courtney,

Welcome to the boards, it's nice to meet you :)
    I'm sorry to hear that you've been finding things so tough for so long, but well done for deciding to talk about it - that takes real courage.

This place is designed to help you talk about these kinds of things, so do have a look around and get involved :)
    You might like to start your own thread over in the Health & Wellbeing section. It's also worth having a quick read of this thread, which talks a bit about how we support each other with self-harm.

Hope to see you around!
    James
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Courtney,

Welcome to TheSite boards. You're being really brave by opening up even just a bit. We're here for you :)