Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The decline of Bush within America.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really only became aware of politics after or around 9/11. First got on the Internet at all in 2000. But what I've seen from reading a lot is a gradual decline this year in the faith Americans are putting into Bush. For one thing, on the whole Americans are liberal....especially in the populations centers stretching from Boston to Washington D.C. and the West Coast. The Bible Belt, meaning the American South and I'll include Texas is a different story.

The first test of Bush's strength was the Iraq war. But with the deaths of so many Americans on everyone's minds, people didn't want to take the chance that Bush's insistance on the war was not necessary. Same thing with laws that infringed on personal liberties and immigration status...especially regarding Muslims. A few things changed that.

Americans will give Bush and company time to find the nuclear capabilities and WMD's that Saddam was stated to have. But the idea that he may not have had them doesn't fly. Recently Bush has backed off any hint at that. The idea that you don't question a President was always very unAmerican. Except, if it could be claimed we are at war. Daily, politicians are questioning decisions, the need for unsubstantiated threat announcements and more. Today, Bush came out with creating laws preventing Homosexual marriages. I'm sure in the Bible Belt and with conservative everywhere that will be popular. However, he's just created another campaign issue of intolerance which many of the powerful liberals in two key states: California which has the world's nineth largest economy and is the size of Sweden, and New York.

So what's the point of this post. I want to document the decline of Bush's absolute, unquestioned power. I wonder how far down it will go?

Comments

• Options
    Re: The decline of Bush within America.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet

I want to document the decline of Bush's absolute, unquestioned power. I wonder how far down it will go?
    all the way down to one of those little chairs he likes wiring up to the mains for other criminals ...oh and mentaly handicapped folk.
  • Options
    I've come to the conclusion that even though I'm glad we got tough on tightening our security. Bush is unAmerican. He's too far to the right for such a liberal country.

I hope this post isn't too American but since who we have leading us impacts on Europe I thought you might find it interesting.
  • Options
    Bush is unAmerican. He's too far to the right for such a liberal country.

whats the catch?
  • Options
    The man's a fool..:lol::lol:
  • Options
    I don't think Bush "represents" America. He's too far to the right.

Just like, even though I think Clandestine and Aladdin are humanitarians...they'd be too far to the left to "represent" America...in the true sense of that word.

We elect Presidents to represent us. Bush doesn't. And I wonder how many other people are coming to the same conclusion.
  • Options

We elect Presidents to represent us. Bush doesn't. And I wonder how many other people are coming to the same conclusion.
    so the chickens are coming home to roost at last?
  • Options
    Has it finally sunk in to you pnj that Bush isn't all what you think he is or used to be shall i say.
  • Options
    Well spank me with a dead fish and call me a whore:eek: . He finally woke up. Or did he? this could be a trap to lure us all in.
    Hmmmm. :confused:
    Better stay on the look out me thinks.
  • Options
    I wouldn't hold my breath. This just appears to be the more benign strain of the pnj/jocko franchise. The other guys must have had the day off or something.

I fear it won't be long before the jocko/more virulent strains of the franchise will be back online telling us all Alastair Campbell is keeping us safe from Al Qaida and blaming Muslim extremists for the bad weather.
  • Options
    pnj/jocko cult? :lol::lol:

Interesting, but I wonder if they all put their minds togther if they could actually carry on a post with out changing the subject every second sentence. Or is it that they do not have a sound enough arguement that if they were to stay on the same subject they would end up in corner.

Do you think they fight amongst themselves about which country or group they are going to bash next?
  • Options
    Well spank me with a dead fish and call me a whore .
    Really funny. Made me burst out laughing.

Gerry posts under my name to embarrass me. He's in summer school because he had more fun than I did in the Winter...I studied...it's not that he's dumb. Or would ever want to beat up a skinny surfer come September...would he?

No, this is me. I feel Bush is too right wing to really represent not only me but America as well. I want us to prevent terrorism, but I'm concerned about all of the Arab immigrants being deported, neglect or downright negation of due process under the law, fighting with allies such as France, (why can't the US just say to France well we disagree on this or that?) and now anti-Gay marriage stance of Bush. (Sorry, just don't feel government belongs in anyone's bed.)
  • Options
    The only open bed for bush and his group of anti-(poor, gay, leftwing, freespeech, arab, black...) morons is Tony Blairs.
    Both of these leeches must be removed as soon as possible they have caused nothing but misery to the world and countries they have represented so wrongly.

:crazyeyes still got my eye on pnj
  • Options
    Bush isn't as popular as he was...except with extremely conservative people.