Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm back from Zermatt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Though the heli skiing was terrific and our meeting our ski club friends again was wonderful, I had to cut short the skiing since I aggravated the injuries my ex caused, and got me in a lot of pain. After some 9 hours of skiing (which was enough in itself anyway!), instead I went paragliding round the lower parts of the Zermatt ski resort. It was simply beautiful! I come home with my daughter and family feeling really good. :)

Skiing doesn't have to be expensive. At first you join a ski club, or find a learning centre online. You hire skiis, jacket, helmet, boots but the clubs or the group you are with will supply you everything. Thats how I started, just seven years ago. Skiing has made a huge difference to my confidence and general outlook on life. Of course I experience fear just before launching off a peak our helicopter has dropped us on, but once launching off, that fear goes to be replaced by an adrenaline rush second to none!

It's good being back though I hope to be going again this time next weekend, and taking things a bit easier. Just not going down the bunny slope. haha!