Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should I tell my crush I like him through a note??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been talking to thus guy for ages now since when he first initiated conversation when he barely knew me. We've been on one date and talk everyday for hours. I really want to tell him I like him but am too shy to say it in person so I was thinking of giving him a note and putting it on a page of a book we both love that he's let me borrow. Would that be weird/strange/lame/creepy??? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    If you are over the age of 13 I would suggest you don't do that. Just go on further dates, tell him you are enjoying spending time with him, try to have personal (as opposed to superficial) conversation with him. You'll get a feel if he reciprocates. Also telling him that you like him on a date that is going well is 100 times easier to just tell him to his face completely out of context.

If he already likes you (I would not assume that), the note could work just fine, but if you are not really on his radar, the note is overbearing and it will feel weird when talking to you again (should he behave differently now that he has this information? Will you behave differently? Probably not). Let his happen organically.
  • Options
    What if we've been talking for a while now, I know him well and I THINK he may feel the same way? Or at 15 years old is it a stupid thing to do? Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    A more cautious approach would be going on a date again and start with physical contact. It can be innocuous at first. Like tell him to give you his hand and compare sizes by putting the palms together. Sounds stupid, but this kind of touch triggers something inside a human (at least to me). Then look into his eyes and let the gaze linger for the extra second or so. That really builds up tension. You will see if he becomes awkward and withdraws or if he enjoys himself. If you are on the bus for example and you sit next to each other, your next step could be to rest your hand on his thigh. If there is no objection to that I think it is safe to say that he would not shy back if you tried to kiss him (in the right setting!) or that he would respond well if you told him you like him.
  • Options
    Ah okay, I'll give it a try, thank you!
  • Options
    Let us know how you get on bobette :) It sounds like you're having a really good time getting to know each other and have stuff in common.

You might find this link about flirting useful too, it has some good tips about overcoming shyness at the end: http://www.thesite.org/sex-and-relationships/single-life-and-dating/flirting-3197.html

I actually think the book note idea is pretty cute but Strubbles has a point in how you navigate what happens afterwards - what if it falls out, he doesn't see it or isn't sure what to say or you're not sure whether to ask, would it he read it where you were there or not. it could be tricky? There's a lot to consider!

Dropping a few hints through body language can be a good way of testing things out, good luck with it :yes:

• Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    I done exactly the same thing,i liked this guy so much at school so i wrote him a note saying how much i liked him and it luckily all went very well as he was too scared to ask me out and i was too scared to ask him and he told that that it was a very cute way of asking someone out, if you like someone then just for it, you only live once.
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)